Sunday

Well, wanting to do something different yesterday  went out the window when I realised that the Alastair Sim version of 'Scrooge - A Christmas Carol' was on TV. It's one of my must-watch films at this time of year and is, in my opinion, the best film version of the story ... closely followed by The Muppet Christmas Carol!

Before that I did have a go at improvising on the piano. I won't win any awards for my efforts but it's high on the list as a fun way to pass some time. Thank you to Joy for that suggestion. I also filled a box with puzzle books, colouring book and pencil crayons, and a sketch book and pencils, all gathered from around the house, which gives me a nice selection of fun things to stop me getting bored today. Many thanks for all of your suggestions.

I also sorted a few things out in my head so yesterday was more productive than I'd anticipated. My 'One Little Word' for 2020 has been selected but I will write a separate post on that.  I have settled on a possible resolution to a troublesome friendship, and have a clearer understanding of why I am procrastinating on completing the decluttering. 

I'm feeling much better today with a noticeable improvement of all symptoms but will still continue to take it easy. A couple of friends messaged me last night wanting to visit today but I have put them off and will have another cosy day at home. I desperately want to get some fresh air so, if it stays dry, I may wrap up warm, open the windows and do a few circuits of the garden while the house gets refreshed. Then it'll be back indoors for another day of puzzles, TV or listening to music. I have a bit of an appetite as well so am going to treat myself and will order an Indian takeaway to be delivered.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a very creative an profitable day - good for you. And a walk in the garden will clear away the cobwebs and do you the world of good, I am sure.
    I'm a great fan of the Muppets' Christmas Carol too. It's brilliant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The few minutes spent outside have brightened me up considerably. I thought you'd like the Muppets Christmas Carol ... we seem to share tastes in many things 😊

      Delete
    2. It's part of my Christmas tradition. :-) Yes, we do, don't we?
      I'm gad the fresh air has helped.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very good day, after all. I am glad to read that you have a bit of an appetite - always an indication that things are improving. Glad you'll have another day of rest. Take it easy and feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure the infection has gone now, although I still have more tablets to take to finish the course. I'm seeing the doctor again tomorrow and he should be able to confirm that. I'll still opt for a quiet Christmas but will feel easier about going out if I feel up to it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts