Wednesday

There were no unexpected visitors yesterday so everything went smoothly and I finished most of what I'd planned. I forgot to buy a birthday card for C and somehow didn't have enough Christmas cards so will pop into WH Smiths on my way to meet S for coffee and buy what I need. 

That's this afternoon sorted. This morning I want to do an inventory of the freezer, fridge and cupboards to see where the gaps are, and then make a shopping list for later in the month. I'm still eating meals from the freezer to use up the ones that have been hanging about for ages so I won't do any more bulk cooking this side of Christmas but will shop to refill the non-perishable items for the store cupboard this month.

It's quite an easy day really. There will be time for reading and playing an instrument (I'm thinking maybe the flute today), and this evening I will choose a Christmas film to watch - that's my Advent calendar to-do for day 4! There's a good choice on Netflix so I am sure to find one I haven't seen before, although if 'It's A Wonderful Life' is there it won't matter that I've lost count of how many times I've seen it already, that's what I'll be watching!

Comments

  1. I've never seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' but it was on sale, cheap, last week so I got it and now I'm looking forward to watching it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you have a supply of tissues! Where was it on sale please?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got your day nicely planned, Eileen. It's supposed to pour with rain, tomorrow, at this end, so, I've planned to stay home and get most of the cleaning done. IF I get all the cleaning done, I will do a little knitting or sewing to relax. But, only as a reward for getting the cleaning done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems strange to hear you say you are expecting rain! Good luck with getting the cleaning done.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of your day. It's A Wonderful Life is also on my yearly Christmas movie watch list, but Mr Man won't watch with me as he thinks George Bailey did not have such a wonderful life as those around him did because he gave up so much for them. It makes for good discussion over hot chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's a man thing. My brothers won't watch it either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts