Wednesday

I'll start with the good news ... my car passed the MOT first time with no advisories so all is good for another year. I don't really know why I was worried as the car is only three years old and has been regularly serviced so there shouldn't have been any problems. I also got a voucher for a free car wash which they couldn't do yesterday, as they were understaffed due to illnesses, so I will get that done some time in January.

Now the not so good news ... I have a chest infection, possibly pneumonia. Not quite what I was expecting to hear! He referred to it as 'walking pneumonia' which Google informs me is a mild atypical version of the illness and lots of people don't even realise they have it. I wasn't expecting to hear that diagnosis as coughing wasn't one of my symptoms, not do I sound like I have a cold. However, the hacking cough turned up with a vengeance this morning so I will see what he says later. I had a chest x-ray yesterday and he will phone me today to discuss treatment. In the meantime, I am taking it easy.

Whatever the final diagnosis is I won't be able to play carols around the hospital with my friends on Christmas Day. Breathing is painful so sustaining notes on a brass instrument is currently beyond me! I spoke to T last night to let him know and give him time to replace me. 

So for now I am tucked up in the warm, feeling a bit pathetic to be honest. All my Christmas prep is done thankfully, and I don't have any need to go out before the weekend. It just the shopping for fruit and veg next Monday or Tuesday but family or friends will do that for me if I don't feel up to it myself.

Comments

  1. Oh Eileen I'm sorry to hear this - yes hopefully a treatment plan will see you right as rain by Christmas. Tend to yourself is first & foremost order of the day. Be well my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The medication should make a big difference so I will be sensible and take it easy. Most of the recovery period is due to ongoing fatigue but the 'nasties' should be cleared by the end if the week.

      Delete
  2. When I had pneumonia a few years ago, it wasn't diagnosed for several days and I ended up in hospital.....so take care and get on some meds quick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started on the antibiotics, kindly collected by my neighbour, so am hoping they will kick in soon. Luckily this has been a speedy diagnosis so am keeping my fingers crossed that things improve quickly.

      Delete
  3. Oh, goodness. No wonder you were feeling so very rough. Please stay warm and call in a few favours if you need anything doing. With any luck it has been caught early and won't hang around for long.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping things will ease up in a couple of days once the antibiotics work their magic. I don't have any commitments now until January so will abandon all plans to do more decluttering and just rest up until I feel better.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, poor you. I hope the antibiotics start to work very soon. Home and the warm is the best place for you. Take care of yourself, Eileen. Best wishes Carole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I've pulled up the drawbridge and am staying warm and cosy indoors until I feel better.

      Delete
  5. I hope the antibiotics will take effect soon and you will feel better in a few days. I've had both pneumonia and walking pneumonia. Both times because I neglected myself ("it's just a cough"). I'm glad you'll be able to stay home and rest. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long did it take you to recover from the walking pneumonia Bless? I'll be glad when the antibiotics take effect ... I'm bored with being ill already!

      Delete
  6. Take care of yourself! I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you start to feel better soon! Rest and take good care of yourself, Eileen. Best wishes - Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts