Monday

Joy posted these questions on her blog yesterday and invited others to join in, so here are my answers. 

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Water.

2. Do you sleep naked? Yes.

3. Worst physical pain you ever been in? Probably when I had a kidney illness in my 20s or maybe the endometriosis in my 40s.

4. Favourite place you’ve ever been? Anywhere in the UK really. If I have to be more specific then for cities it will be London or Liverpool, and for anywhere else it will be Anglesey or Cornwall.

5. How late did you stay up last night? Very late, I didn't go to sleep until around 3:30 am. I am going to be tired today! 

6. If you could move somewhere else, where would you move to? Probably to the coast. Before I bought my current home I did look at moving to the Weymouth area but couldn't find a suitable property and also looked at the house prices in Anglesey. I'm settled here now though.

7. Christmas or New Year? Christmas. New Year is a difficult time and I now choose to spend it alone - it's that heartbreaking moment as the clocks chime in the New Year and everyone turns to their loved one(s) to celebrate. It's the only time I truly feel alone, just for that split second, but it's a reminder of my loss. 

8. When was the last time you cried? Writing the answer to no 7!

9. What’s the last photo on your phone? A photo and a short video of my kitchen tap to send to my nephew. The tap is leaking and he's going to sort it out for me.

10. Two of your favourite movies? This is a hard one to answer. Any of the Harry Potter films, The Greatest Showman, It's a Wonderful Life. I can't really choose!

11. What's your favourite season? If I have to choose it will be spring or autumn, but I love the changes for all four seasons throughout the year.

12.  Which famous person would you like to meet. My answer is the same as Joy's - Sandi Toksvig and Stephen Fry but I'll also add Alan Davies to the list.

13. If you could talk to ANYONE right now, who would it be? Ced. I have a few new followers so, for those who don't know, Ced was my partner and we'd been together since the 1980s. He was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in 2008 and died back in 2013.

14. Are you a good Influence? I'd like to think that I've been a good influence to any child I've taught. Generally? I don't know, it's a difficult question to answer about myself. I try to be but whether others think the same, I can't say.

15. Does pineapple belong on pizza? I rarely eat pizza (too much cheese), but wouldn't say 'no' to a pineapple topping if I was eating a slice.

16. You have the remote, what show would you be watching right now? I don't have to share the remote because I live alone! I invested in Netflix back in November 2019 so most of my time in front of the TV is to watch a film. I do try to keep up with QI, Would I Lie to You and The Repair Shop though.

17. Three people who you think will play along? Well Joy might have, but she's already done it! Maybe Bless or Mary-Lou

18. First Concert? I can't remember the details but at primary school we were all taken to see a symphony orchestra in concert. I have no idea what they played but I was hooked, probably aged 7 ish. Other early theatre trips include a family trip to a pantomime aged 9 ish, and my first experience of ballet, aged 11, to see Sleeping Beauty.

19. Favourite food? Curry!

20. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? After I got past the wanting to be a princess stage I went through wanting to be a nurse, a teacher, then a play group leader.

Please let me know in the comments if you decide to join in. Thanks.

**********

Yesterday was another quiet day but I did spend some time photographing an assortment of music books ready for placing the adverts later in the week. That's about all I did except read, eat and watch TV.

Today, there's not that much on the to-do list. some housework, hoovering, toilets, and 2 loads of washing,  and once that's done I want to start checking through all the cupboards for anything belonging to the band. Everything will be collected on Friday/Saturday and I want to be sure that nothing is left behind. I've decided that this has gone on long enough so I won't do anything else after this last lot is collected. Anything I don't have time to complete will be passed back to the committee for their action - it's no longer my problem. I'm not sure how long it will take to get it all ready and in one place for collection but that is my priority for the week. It still counts as decluttering and will leave plenty of cupboard space I can use for my own things.

It's the first choir practice of the term tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. We will have a new repertoire to learn and there will be some new members (according to the latest email). The practice starts at 7pm but I'll leave home early to call in at my nephew's house to deliver a greetings card for his birthday tomorrow  and to drop off 5 books I no longer want but which are suitable for his daughters' book collection. 

Choir finishes at 8:30 pm and I'll be going straight home and probably straight to bed for an early night. 

Comments

  1. Nice one, although I'm sorry you haven't slept well overnight.
    Have a wonderful time at choir.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the list of songs for this term so am looking forward to getting started on them.

      Delete
  2. A fun challenge & I did chuckle at my name being mentioned. I'll try to get to it later ... but for now I will say definitely yes to #15.
    Catching up with your weekend posts, umm that makes such sense about trying to get rid of familiar things, there's comfort in just knowing that some things are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing your answers if you do choose to do it.

      Delete
  3. Ha, ha, I was forming my own answers to the questions as I read them and then I got to #17 and laughed! Yes, I'll participate! :D

    I'm glad to read you will be getting rid of the rest of the band stuff. It means you are truly moving on. Hope you had a great evening at choir practice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to sing (kept coughing as soon as I tried) but still enjoyed myself. I look forward to seeing your answers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts