Saturday

... and back to my normal! I didn't set the alarm last night which meant I didn't wake until just after 11 o'clock so the morning has been lost, which is a bit frustrating as I have some catching up to do.

Yesterday turned out to be A Very Important Day. Julie contacted me with the wonderful news that her first granddaughter was born three weeks early and made her entrance to the world in the early hours of yesterday morning. Mummy and Baby P are both doing well. Mummy sent me a photo of the little beauty and I'll be visiting once they leave hospital. The not so good news is that Julie's Mum's health is failing and the prognosis is not good.

Today, my focus will be on collating the remainder of the band stuff ready for the final handover next week. The delay was down to me being ill but it's in my interest to get this done as I've had to deal with a couple of questions this morning which they should be working out for themselves. Once I get rid of everything I will be in a better position to plead ignorance! It's mostly computer based so nothing too strenuous. I also need to check that my tax return has submitted correctly as the deadline is the 31st of this month.

This evening will be a film night ... something from Netflix, but I don't know what I fancy yet. 

Comments

  1. Yes it will be good to get the band stuff passed completely over - no more niggling bits for you! Our weather is dreary & wet, we started last night, it's a Lord of Rings weekend & as we have the extended versions, 1 a night is all I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I haven't watched all three films. I saw the first one and loved it, but for some unknown reason haven't watched the rest. It's a perfect choice for a wet and windy night.

      Delete
    2. It is a blessing to pass along stuff to the ones who'll have future care of it. After next week you can focus on more relevant-to-you stuff :)

      I loved all 3 LOTR movies, but I'm not as much of a fan of the Hobbit ones.

      Delete
    3. I didn't think much of the Hobbit ones either ... much prefer the book.

      Delete
  2. You must have needed that sleep very much so I'm glad you had it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, 11:00 a.m. is about when I got up this morning, myself! In my defense, it was past 4:30 a.m., when I went to bed. I had set the alarm for 9:00 a.m., but, I turned it off and went back to sleep!

    Congratulations to your friend on the birth of her granddaughter. Sorry to hear about her mother's failing health, though. But, that's life, isn't it? One new life makes its entrance and another life prepares to depart.

    Hope you will be able to finally hand over of all the band stuff. Good luck with that.

    Enjoy whichever film you choose to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm allowing myself one more week of sleeping in and then I will gradually move towards waking earlier. The morning is when I do the majority of my chores and errands so I want to get back to my morning routine.

      Yes, it seems to happen a lot where a baby is born and one of the older family members reach end of life. It's an emotional time all round.

      I'm on schedule to get everything ready for handover next week. I'm going to keep at it until it is ready because this final stage is long overdue.

      I watched 6 Underground starring Ryan Reynolds ... I don't recommend it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts