Thursday

Well the calm weather didn't last long! It's been raining steadily since last night and the high winds are back - there are warnings that 28 areas in the county are flooded and 23 trees have fallen. Two roads at the other end of the village beyond the houses are flooded, something that happens more than once every year. Luckily I live at the higher end so won't have any problems, I just have to remember to drive the other way out of the village.

Despite the rain I decided that today was the day to get a few errands done and to restock the food. I was supposed to go to the bank but instead tried out a new feature on the banking app which allows you to deposit cheques using your phone camera. It all seems to have worked so now I need to wait for the funds to clear. If it all works out okay this will make depositing cheques so much easier in the future. So one errand completed without leaving home! 

It was obviously my lucky day today as they were sorting out the day's yellow sticker bargains at the supermarket. I was able to get £30.99 of meat, veg and bread for £19.93, all things on my list with the exception of some vegan meatballs  (!!) which I bought to see if I like them. I also saved an additional £11.85 on multibuys of produce that was on my list and which I'll eat regularly so I know it will get used.

On the way home I filled up with petrol, posted some letters and returned my library books. I was supposed to go to one of the DIY stores  to buy two new toilet seats but didn't have the energy so that will be back on the list for another day. At home I put all the shopping away and then crashed on the sofa ... I will be busy cooking tomorrow but I've done enough for today.

As for the rest of today I will be taking it easy, reading or watching a film. I'm relieved I don't need to go out again if I don't feel up to it - the wind is so loud I've had to turn the TV up and  it sounds like it's getting worse. Friends and family have texted to see if I need anything and my neighbour has called round to check that I'm okay. It's comforting to know that I have this level of support.

Comments

  1. Oh, my! You were brave to go out in that storm! But, you got a lot done and found some good bargains at the grocery store! Well done!

    By the way, I got a sticker from my piano teacher for having practiced and knowing my lesson from last week! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a very productive day. You are blessed to have such an intune support network.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting way to deposit a cheque.
    You have some lovely nbeighbours and I am sure you are a great neighbour as well. As you say, comforting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting more rain than usual here, too. Banking by phone sounds convenient. I love the grocery bargain bin, "Managers' specials" they call it. Nice. Reading or watching a movie sounds like my kind of day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts