Thursday

It's nearly lunchtime and I'm still in my dressing gown. Somehow I don't think much will be done today!

Yesterday turned out to be a fun filled day. I've decided that, while the prices are so low, I'll make Wednesday nights a film night and go to the cinema. Of course, this is assuming there is something I want to see but if not I can always find something to watch on Netflix and have the film night at home instead. I'll ask the others if they want to join me but it is something I am happy to do on my own if they can't make it.

The print for the living room has been ordered and should arrive next Wednesday or Thursday. It's big and heavy, measuring 100 cms x 70 cms including the frame, so I may need some help to hang it. I've also ordered a floating shelf to go above the radiator and have a few more odd jobs so, if my nephew is busy, I'll contact the handyman to come in and sort it all out for me. 

I've sent my application to join the Devizes U3A so will look to joining one or two or the groups in February, once I receive the contact details. I've also found a couple of opportunities, not to do with the U3A, for getting started on knitting and/or crochet. I know these are things I can learn myself with the aid of YouTube, but I am also considering them from the social aspect which teaching myself at home won't address. I haven't decided yet when to try one of these options ... I'm just letting the idea bubble away for now.

My post has just arrived and included notification from British Rail that they will be working overnights for the next week or two to update their cables, a job which needs the heavy machinery. They have apologised in advance for the noise! The rail line runs around the edge of my part of the village and is far enough away that I am hopeful my sleep won't be disturbed. It all depends on the direction of the wind ... when they did the signals I was aware of them working if I listened carefully but it wasn't loud enough to disturb sleep. However the time before when they repaired a section of the rail, no-one  got any sleep for the entire week. 

I don't have any plans for the rest of the day. J brought her copy of the latest Lee Child book round yesterday so I will probably start reading that. 

Comments

  1. Some days are just slow. I'm having one myself :)

    Film night at home is one of my favorite things :) Your print sounds like a good focal piece. I would find it easier to learn knitting and crochet in person rather from a video, and as you say, there's the social element that adds so much. I hope you escape the worst of the rail noise!

    Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's turned out to be a very slow day. I made the mistake of turning on the TV so have spent the afternoon watching quiz shows ... still in my dressing gown!

      Delete
    2. Hope you've had a good day.

      Delete
  2. A relaxed day at home, wrapped up in your dressing gown, sounds like a very nice day to me! I'm glad you had a fun day, yesterday. I hope the knitting/crocheting groups work out well for you. Wednesday movie nights at the cinema or at home sounds like fun, too. Well, it's almost noon, here; time for me to get ready to go for my piano lesson and get in a few minutes of practicing, too! I am hoping for another sticker! :D Hope you have a good rest of the day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a lovely restful day thanks Bless.

      I plan to introduce the activities I've mentioned over the next few months so will try the U3A first. The knitting will probably be after Easter

      Hope the piano goes well and you get your stickers x

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to schedule in some quiet alone time at home, I've been peopleing a little too much for my own comfort, so I'm quite envious of your day at home in your dressing gown. The rail line that runs through our little village was sold to a bigger rail company & now the number of freight trains running through have doubled & they are required to blow their horns at every crossing. Through our village there are 3 crossings & two on other side of the boundaries! Freight seems to move mostly after midnight & before 4am - I'll say no more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have freight trains running through the night but thankfully they don't blow their horns as they pass through the village. You have my sympathy on that one.

      As I sort out a routine for my days I've set aside three days each week to leave free so I have time to relax and just do my own thing. I hope you can get your me-time sorted out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts