Decluttering, Teaching and An Evening With Friends

I'll start with an apology ... all I ever seem to write about is the decluttering and it's more of the same today. Even I'm getting fed up with it!

I was lucky enough to sell some of the audio and video equipment yesterday. The remainder will go to the recycling yard, hopefully today if the rain stops for long enough, but it's all been moved to the garage so is out of the way for now. I've put three DVD players on one side to list on eBay or Gumtree as there is a good chance they will sell. Including those three items I only have twenty-five more things to sell and I will have cleared all the unwanted items from the house. I can see the finishing line!

I don't have any plans for today except for one lesson this afternoon and the skip run if it ever stops raining. It feels like a good day to catch up with some housework and to write a shopping list for tomorrow or Thursday. I'll divide the day up with breaks for coffee, reading or playing sudoku.

Tonight L and P will call in for a while on their way back home to Plymouth. They've said that they have something important to tell me which means I will undoubtedly spend most of the day trying to guess what it is! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like your decluttering is almost at an end! Wish I could say the same about mine! But, I have a harder time decluttering, I think. Sounds like a nice, quiet day is planned. I hope the rain stops so you can do your skip run. Have fun visiting with your friends when they stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are much more attached to your things than I am. Most of the stuff that's gone didn't belong to me so I never had a real attachment to it which makes it easier. It's still raining so I won't get to the skip today. I feel like I have a cold starting so am having a but if a lazy pamper time, which is much better than going out in the cold and wet!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad some of the stuff sold and fingers crossed for the DVD players.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a successful day yesterday and the financial gain made it worth the effort, rather than just dumping it all which is what I originally intended.

      I'll set aside some time next week to get all the rest of the stuff photographed and advertised. I'm hoping for some quick sales but if not, will send it all to the auction house I used before.

      Delete
  3. Decluttering is difficult for all of us, so I'm always glad to read that others have methods, ideas or a system to make it easier & less of a pain in the bum! It's also nice to know we are aren't alone in the struggle. I've fallen of the meal planning routine so I need to get back on it, I'll chalk it up to life style changes over the last few months - yes that's it! (lol) Stay dry, our forecast of rain is actually coming down as snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it much harder to meal plan for the 'breakfast like a king, etc.' approach I want to follow. It makes life so much easier if I plan the food (says the person who never used to meal plan at all 😂) so I am persevering.

      We definitely have the rain ... some cottages at the other end of the village have flooded overnight but I still think I prefer rain to snow so you have my sympathy.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy reading about your decluttering. It gives me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Once I've completed the decluttering the next challenge will be to work out how to keep the home organised and tidy!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts