Busy doing nothing with a bit of teaching thrown in the mix!

Today's thoughts about photographing daffodils have been vetoed by my body. I had a very bad night and am in the middle of a severe diverticulitis flare up. It's been grumbling along for a few days and I didn't think it would develop into a full blown episode but it has, undoubtedly due to stress over Lauren and the coronavirus situation in general. I've phoned the surgery for a prescription and that should be delivered tomorrow. It's not serious, just painful and rather exhausting.

Today's good news is that Lauren is fine and was allowed back to work today. Whatever it was, it definitely wasn't the coronavirus, and she thinks it may in part be down to anxiety about her family. Thankfully her sister is now home from France so she's feeling happier about that, and her mum will be traveling back from India on Friday. I think we'll all breathe a sigh of relief when she gets home!

I'm still doing the two lessons today. It should be three but one has cancelled again and, to be honest, that suits me fine. I don't know how much longer I will continue in light of the current situation but will speak to the parents today and warn them that I will be stopping at some stage. 

As for choir, I don't feel well enough to go tonight. M has emailed us to say that the weekly sessions will continue for now and I think I will still go, although that decision is fluid and dependent on the government advice. 

Comments

  1. It's good that you are listening to your body & taking it easy today. I think this COVID-19 has everyone with an underlying level of anxiety & stress.That's good news about Lauren. If Lauren, her sister & Mum all live together, that's going to be a challenge for them to self isolate for the 2 weeks after travel. Does Lauren have to report that to her work? In Ontario you would have to report if you work in any of the health care position that you are at home with a recent return traveler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just lives with her mum, sister lives in Hampshire. The girls all work in hospitals and mum is a cleaning manager so is in and out of schools but I don't know if they need to report that at work. The UK seems to be taking a slightly different approach to Canada and the rest of the world so I'm not sure on whether sister and mum need to self isolate when they get back.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling 100%, today, Eileen, but, hopefully, you'll feel better, soon. Good idea to stay home and rest. I am very glad to hear that Lauren is well and can return to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often get a bad flare up and the pain will reduce as soon as I start taking the antibiotics so by the end of tomorrow I should be feeling much better. Thank Bless.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear the news about Lauren and her mum. That must be a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meds have arrived and are working their magic so thinks are looking up.

      Yes, it's a big relief all round. Just one to get home and we can all relax!

      Delete
  4. I'l glad to read your news about Lauren and her family. It's all so complicated at the moment and it's nice when things work out.

    Not such good news about you though. I hope once the meds hit, things will improve really quickly.

    I've spoken to my parents too and, although things are carrying on s usual this week, we'll review it on a weekly basis, or more often if the situation warrants it. It's nice to keep safe things going as much as possible.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished notifying the parents that I want to stop. Yesterday I asked them to make alternative long term arrangements and said I was prepared to carry on for the time being but, following yesterday's escalation of social distancing advice, I am stopping immediately.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear that those overseas are making it home - this would be even scarier in unfamiliar surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all home safe and sound, and feeling rather relieved to be back. The news today is showing hundreds of Brits still trying to get flights home so they were lucky to get back when they did.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts