Lifestyle Goals | Monthly Review for March 2020

Here is my update for March, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [8.5][8.5]To achieve this I want to focus on the sub-goals shown in bold text. 

These are the sub-goals where I have achieved the maximum rating. Each sub-goal still requires a degree of effort to maintain that rating but I feel I have developed the habits to support this.
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]
  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [10][10] 

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goal:
  • I live life now, in the moment [7][7.5]  Despite the changes to lifestyle as a result of the coronavirus crisis, I have made some progress to living life in the moment. I've been focusing on doing one thing at a time, rather than my usual multi-tasking and at times it has had a significant impact on my enjoyment of that particular activity.  

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that still require improvement. 

  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [8][8]
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [8][8] 
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [8.5][8.5] 
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [8][8] 

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) are all to do with simplifying life: 

My SMART tasks for March were:
  1. Meal plan and bulk cook, taking account of the transition to the new style eating plan - by March 31st 2020 - ACHIEVED IN PART - the difficulties due to the impact of the coronavirus crisis on availability of food in the supermarkets means that the meal plan is now under constant review
  2. Complete weeks 2 - 5 of Bless' cleaning rotation - PARTLY SUCCESSFUL, other aspects of life have taken priority this month
  3. Reorganise the cupboards in the music room ACHIEVED
  4. Advertise remaining items for sale - ACHIEVED but I have deleted them as a result of the lockdown and will re-advertise when life gets back to normal
  5. Review January and February spending - ACHIEVED

My SMART tasks for April are:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies - Ongoing
  2. Complete spring cleaning in upstairs rooms - by 30th April 2020 
  3. Complete filing system for important paperwork - by 30th April 2020
  4. Tackle the weeding in the back garden - by 30th April 2020
  5. Review March spending - by 15th April 2020

Comments

  1. Good to have a set of goals and planning for the future.Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having goals definitely helps me. I tend to drift and nothing gets done if I don't set myself some targets.

      Delete
  2. Wow what a great set of goals and achievements! I must admit that I'm struggling with the feelings of being down. I am trying to be upbeat but it definitely feels like life isn't going the way I want it and then I get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing. I need to do better on setting goals but it seems so difficult and definitely a struggle right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I set myself these goals. It's one of ways I've managed to avoid another serious bout of depression.

      Delete
  3. You are doing so well with your lifestyle goals, Eileen. Even with covid-19 and all its implications, you are making progress. Well done! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life goes on even though restrictions have been placed on how that life can be lived. Now my immediate world is confined to home I still want to do what I can to improve or maintain the ratings on each category. Maybe I'm just getting used to it but it seems to be getting easier to appreciate living in the moment.

      Delete
  4. I think you're doing amazingly well. Maybe you're just a bit hard on yourself with the scoring, do you think?

    I like your new targets which allow for the current situation and restrictions.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did debate with myself and decided against increasing the ratings on the last five sub-goals as I didn't think the improvement warranted a half mark increase. Maybe next month if things continue to improve!

      Delete
  5. The scoring sounds a bit more of a challenge than I'd be up for, but it sounds you've found an organized plan that works for you :) Having the food organized will be a great help as we try to avoid grocery trips. There is a lot we can do even with all the changes because of the virus. You're an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no set rule for the scoring - I just make a judgement on how well I've done during the month and mark accordingly. Food is the only concern but now I have managed to arrange deliveries I don't have to worry.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts