Me On Monday

The high spot of the weekend was yesterday's online sing-along with some other choir members. This was organised by M via the choir's Facebook group and was a 'request a song' with M playing the piano and singing  -  we could hear her but not each other but even so, it was a fun filled hour.

On to today and I will be ...

... exercising at 9 am. Joe Wicks is organising an online PE lesson for children now that the UK schools have closed, and I am hoping to join in too! It's broadcasting on his YouTube channel every weekday morning for 30 minutes. I have no idea what it will be like but it's worth a try ... it may even be fun!

... writing all the cards for Easter and the April birthdays. I want to get them posted today in case a lockdown is imminent. 

... planning meals for the next few weeks. This means I have to finish listing the contents of the garage freezer before I can decide on actual meals. I'm checking regularly for online delivery slots and I want to be in a position to place my order as soon as one is available - every slot from now up to and including 18th April is unavailable so I need to be ready. Some of the local farm shops are now advertising delivery but are more expensive so will be kept in reserve for now.

... reading 'The Rumour' by Lesley Kara. I'm finding it rather a challenge to concentrate on reading at the moment so am hoping that this one will grab my attention and keep me occupied.

... investigating the selection of free online courses offered by the Open University (mentioned by Barbara in this post). I'd like to try something different maybe science, mathematics or a language, rather than my usual choice of music and/or the arts. 

... singing along at the first online choir practice. We've been warned that there are sure to be some teething problems but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. I have my copies of tonight's songs printed out ready ... Sisi Sote, Eleanor Rigby, and Somewhere Over The Rainbow/It's A Wonderful World.

Comments

  1. Sending hugs Eileen, you shouldn't have to read vitriol like that spouted above. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing that sort of trolling all over the place. The 'comment' is getting longer and much more offensive. I just delete it and forget about it. It's sad that someone felt the need to write it as sent it to strangers.

      Sending positive thoughts to you and your family x

      Delete
  2. The OU courses are really good. I've done some OU study and really enjoyed it. Well worth investigating, either to refresh and old interest or discover something new.

    Oh, you get that nasty message too, did you? I deleted it very quickly - some people are just very sad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a quick look at the courses last night and am considering either geometry or algebra. There is a link on Facebook this morning about all the universities offering online courses so I'll have a look through those before I decide

      Yes I've had that message about the boomers more than once and just delete it. I don't know how some sad person can get enjoyment out of sending it and truly hope that no one is taking it to heart

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have the day organized nicely and will have lots of online activities to keep you busy! :) Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm trying to keep myself busy so there is less time to sit and worry. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  4. Well I'm glad that the less than nice comment did not upset you. I did not see. I'm sure in the coming days we are going to see more & more of the less than nice side to people. I am also having trouble concreting on reading for any length of time. As my library is closed the only way I can get any new materials is online & reading online is not my personal style but needs must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get it, just delete it and don't let it upset you! Some people are not very nice.

      I've changed to Audible and am listening to one of the free children's books ... so I'm staying in touch with my inner child!

      Delete
  5. Online sing along sounds fun!

    Take care Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun and I'm looking forward to the next one.

      Thanks Nil and you take good care too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts