This Weekend

I've had a lovely weekend, taking it easy and catching up with myself.

I've completed my 15 minutes walk every day which I am chuffed about because my knees are protesting ... I've told them it's only 15 minutes so get on with it, but I'm hoping it will get easier!

Saturday was a deliberately lazy day, written about here. I watched a couple of films on Netflix to finish the day - 'Brain on Fire' and 'I Think We're Alone Now'. Both of them were an undemanding watch, which is what I wanted at the time, and I enjoyed both of them though wouldn't necessarily recommend either.

Sunday was a lazy morning. No particular reason, I just couldn't get going. I spent the afternoon at the cinema to watch the encore screening of these ballets ...


Dances At A Gathering was performed by ten dancers to the music of Fryderyk Chopin played by solo pianist Robert Clark. The performance was stripped down to essentials, so a bare stage, no scenery, just the beauty of the piano music combined with the elegance of  the dancers. It was amazing.



However The Cellist, a brand new ballet, was the highspot for me. Based on the life of Jacqueline du Pré it was a truly emotional performance and I couldn't hold back the tears at the end. 

I arrived home just in time to watch the semi final of Dancing on Ice and then watched McDonald and Dodds, a new detective series set in Bath (about 12 miles from my home). I liked the eccentric characters although it was more fun looking for places I know! It reminded me of Death in Paradise but set in England!

It's a normal Monday today, teaching later on followed by choir this evening. Hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend, Eileen. Well done on the daily walks. You are doing so well on those. The Cellist sounds like a very poignant story. I hope your Monday goes well and you have a fun evening at choir practice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today (Monday) has been very quiet as well. My cold has gone but I'm not sure my body realises it yet so I'm feeling physically tired but mentally alert! I'm looking forward to choir practice later.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very good weekend. Your reasons for cheerful & monthly reflection are a good way to see all the progress you have made over the month. Hopefully those knees of yours will shut less at you & see the benefit of the walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed today that my left knee is swollen which may account for the pain. I know the answer is to rest it but I don't want to give up on the walking so will continue provided the pain doesn't get worse. I see my doctor soon so will see what he says.

      Delete
  3. You motivate me. I am supposed to do 10-15 minute exercise at least 6 days/week (that's one of my new year goals), and keep finding excuses not to do it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Nil. I've managed to get past the excuses stage for now and have convinced myself that I need to do this.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Jacqueline du Pré - such a talent and awfully sad story. I would like to know more about her life. (Liked the way those programme notes were written.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tragic story, isn't it? There are a few biographies including the one written by her siblings, which I am hoping is available from the library.

      I liked the programme notes as well. The ballet was amazing ... the principal male dancer danced the role of her cello and portrayed the spirit of the music she created. It's a bit difficult to explain, you'd need to see it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts