Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • Seeing photos of Ced I've never seen before, remembering happy times together.
  • Cakes at choir. Again!
  • Rediscovering the floor in the dining room. The decluttering is continuing and I can see that I'm making progress.
  • Kind critiques of my photos by other members of the U3A Photography Group


I am grateful for ...
  • being in a position to enjoy my retirement. I know this is not the case for everyone as a number of my friends have had to continue working past their retirement date.  
  • friends who make me laugh
  • the NHS approving renewal of repeat prescriptions online with delivery to my door via the postal system. It makes it so much easier!

Comments

  1. Your posts always cheer me up no end. Thanks so much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Joy. Are you feeling better yet?

      Delete
  2. Wonderful reasons to be cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list! I think it all does us good to think of reasons to be cheerful with all that's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take any credit for the 'reasons to be cheerful' idea ... that was Lady Ella's brilliant idea. All I can say is that it does make a difference to my mood and is why I am now doing it weekly instead of monthly.

      Delete
  4. In spite of the doom & gloom in the news, there are many reasons to be cheerful & you had many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that the practice of looking for reasons to be cheerful and to be grateful is gradually changing my outlook on life.

      Delete
  5. It's helpful to think about what we are grateful for and what brings us cheer :) This is a helpful reminder, especially in this days. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all seems doom and gloom at the moment and there's a lot of negativity about, so making the effort to look for the good in life makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  6. Photos and cake!! Sounds like a bit of heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cakes = immediate gratification, photos = long term pleasure. 😁😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts