A Productive Day

Well, yesterday turned out to be a productive day if not quite in the way I'd expected. I dusted and hoovered the bedrooms and then, lack of sleep forced me back to bed for a while ... two hours as it turned out! Back downstairs I started a load of washing, turned on the radio, made a coffee and did a bit more of the jigsaw puzzle ....


... actually quite a lot of the puzzle! I spent a pleasant hour or so singing along with the radio while I lost track of time working on the puzzle. It's not as hard as I initially thought, once I worked out how to tackle it.

All of this meant I had a very late lunch, by which time the sun had moved round to the back of the house so I used the airing rack to dry the washing in the sun and then sat outside to enjoy the sunshine while I had a leisurely meal. My neighbours were doing the same so we chatted through the fence (my chair is about 8 feet away from the fence) and ... it sort of felt normal. It was lovely.

I was going to make a late start on the garden, honestly, but I answered the phone to a friend when I took my mug and plate indoors and we spent the rest of the afternoon chatting. We eventually put our phones on speaker and I made a couple of batches of sauce bases for the freezer (tomato, onions, peppers, and lentils, onions, assorted root veg), while we continued to talk. I've frozen them in individual portions and will use them for easy meals adding leftovers, whatever odds and ends of veg I have in the fridge, and seasoning, so every portion will be different.

It was too late to think about gardening by the time we stopped chatting, so I tried the baked cucumber recipe which I served with fish and baked tomatoes ... it's a keeper. Then I finished drying the washing in the tumble dryer, folded it and put it away (it didn't need ironing!) and then settled down to watch the Merchant of Venice on YouTube, which Divers and Sundry recommended on her blog yesterday. I can distinctly recall studying this play in my first year at senior school and it's fondly remembered as the play that first made me fall in love with Shakespeare's work.  

Today, I don't really know what I want to do except that I need to fit in some music practice as I didn't do any yesterday. It's also the virtual quiz so I'll be linking up via WhatsApp video with J and L this evening.

Hope you all have a good day, whatever you have planned.

Comments

  1. It's Jane Eyre this evening, if you're interested.
    It sounds like a more gentle day was just the ticket. Isn't it nice that we can!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane Eyre is is the diary but I think it's available for a week so will probably watch it over the weekend. It's the quiz tonight and choir quiz + Jesus Christ Superstar tomorrow night. It's getting so difficult to fit it all in 😁😁

      I hoovered downstairs this morning and now I'm having a break from cleaning and chores over Easter. Yes, it's wonderful to be in a position where I can just please myself.

      Delete
  2. Yeah to some activities that seem like normal life (the chat through the fence). I have an online activity page that includes puzzles; you can choose the number of pieces for upping your game. I'm still struggling at 12 pieces (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has 850 pieces! I'm nearly finished and will start a 1000 piece one next probably, but with a bit of a gap so I can get started on the crochet.

      I think people are getting more used to the situation and talk has, after the initial enquiry about health and any shopping needs, moved to other things. I'm finding that my regular contacts are keeping themselves busy so even though we can't go out or meet, there is still plenty to talk about. It's normal for now!

      Delete
  3. Hi Eileen,
    Your day was very productive.
    Yesterday mine was reasonable and I did a little walk.
    Today, gray weather, I'm lazy;)) !!
    Hugs and be well.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my lazy days earlier in the week! Hope you have a lovely Easter.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Have a good Easter too with a lot of sweets. Ailime

      Delete
  4. I haven't got any further with the puzzle. There's so many other things to do at the moment, but hope to get back to it over the weekend. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're spoilt for choice with all the different things to do. I finished my puzzle today and have two more to choose from next week.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really nice day, Eileen. You've made a lot of progress on your puzzle! You've been busy this morning, too! I've procrastinated, all morning! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made myself do some work because I want to have a complete break from housework over the Easter holidays. That's the only reason!

      I've finished the puzzle today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts