Audiobooks, Quizzes and West End Shows

I spent most of yesterday waiting for the meat delivery so used my time for fun things! I started listening to the third Harry Potter audiobook (The Prisoner of Azkaban) then, after a break for coffee, decided that it was the perfect day for a trip to the theatre so settled down to watch the National Theatre's One Man, Two Guvnors starring James Corden, which is being screened for free on YouTube for one week. I had no idea what to expect although I knew it had good reviews and that James Corden had won a Tony Award for his performance. I was pleasantly surprised ... a very funny play, and Corden was excellent in it.

I listened to a bit more of the audiobook after lunch and then dealt with the meat delivery when it finally arrived. Once it was in the freezer, I had a quick look through my meal plan and made a few changes to use of some of the meat delivery.

I spent a bit of time catching up with friends. Julie's girls are still poorly but definitely no worse. Tomorrow or the next day should see some improvement. 

I had a go at the choir's quiz ... it was much harder this time and I only managed to get 27 out of 60. Even with a low score like that I finished somewhere in the middle ... I'm just pleased I didn't come last!

Then to finish off the day I went to the theatre again, this time to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. This was the version starring Donny Osmond and was screened free of charge for 48 hours on 'The Shows Must Go On' YouTube channel.

Today will be a quiet day. I'm expecting delivery of the fruit and veg box so I need to stay in the house to listen out for the doorbell, but there is nothing else on the 'must do' list. I'll carry on listening to the audiobook but don't really know what else I'll get up to. Maybe there will be a ballet or play on TV, or there is always Netflix although I did say I'd try to keep the weekends screen free as much as possible. I'll see what takes my fancy!

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: open the French doors if it's warm enough
  • around the house: no housework ... it's the weekend!
  • social: phone calls to Julie and to family
  • fun: listening to audiobook 3 - Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, and carry on with the jigsaw puzzle

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reviews. I was going to give the National Theatre miss this week but now you recommend it, I won't, I will watch it.
    It's Joseph tonight!
    Have a super weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to get in the right mindset for One Man, Two Guvnors. It's a farce and I usually find them irritating but laughed out loud at this one. I hope you enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check out the theatre one. I loved Joseph. It was such fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been involved in countless primary school productions of Joseph so it was a real treat to watch a professional performance.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Julie's daughters aren't any worse. Hope they both make a good recovery. You did well on the choir quiz! Glad to hear the meat delivery arrived and now, you are waiting for the fresh produce to be delivered. It'll feel good to have the stocks replenished. Hope your Saturday is going well. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good news isn't it. They're not completely out of the wars yet but it's looking promising.

      It's been a good day (Saturday). The fresh produce arrived early so I had eggs for breakfast followed by fresh fruit salad ... it tasted so much better than it usually does!! Most of my day was taken with phone calls to or from friends and family and now (8:00 pm) I've started watching a TV series on catch up. Hope you have a good Saturday too and that you and your daughter remain safe x

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend’s daughters. Glad to hear they are a little better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts