Food Delivery, Quizzes, and Audiobooks

I didn't really do all that much to start with yesterday. I was too busy worrying about the girls and concentration was in short supply. However, after speaking to Julie I was relieved to hear that their conditions hadn't deteriorated and had remained the same overnight, so I had a slightly better afternoon.

I still didn't do much, just finished listening to the Harry Potter audiobook and fitted in a bit of piano practice, then ended the day with a virtual pub quiz with J and L ... we scored 38 out of 50!

Today the meat box is due to be delivered. They haven't specified a time which means I'll need to stay in the house, rather than the garden, so I can hear the doorbell. My priority is to repackage it in suitable portions and get it in the freezer, only leaving enough out for this weekend meals.

Depending how early that's done, I hope to carry on with the weeding and also do a few circuits around the garden to improve my step count for the day.

At 6pm it's the choir's weekly virtual quiz and once that's finished I will either start listening to the third Harry Potter audiobook or will listen to some music. Whatever I do, it'll be an early night.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: spend some time in the garden. 
  • around the house: deal with delivery of meat order
  • social: virtual quiz with friends from choir
  • fun: a return to Hogwarts for audiobook 3 - Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, or listen to some music

Comments

  1. Are the knee exercises helping?
    I'm so glad to read that the girls are no worse. Most people do get it lightly, I gather; we hear about the ones who don't which makes us perhaps more fearful than we should be.
    Well done with the quiz and good luck with tonight's one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the knee exercises are helping. It's a slow job but I am aware of an improvement.

      I'm relieved that both girls seem to be about the same today. The reporting only focusing on all the deaths and serious cases doesn't allow us to see the full picture does it? Maybe people wouldn't take the social distancing as seriously if they thought that most people would only get a mild case.

      I'm also watching Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat tonight - free to view on YouTube for 48hours from 7pm.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your friend's daughters are doing OK or, at least, no worse. Hopefully, they will recover without any complications. Well done on the pub quiz! Good luck on the choir quiz. Hope the meat delivery takes place without any problems. Hope you are feeling better and do continue to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, the girls are doing well.

      The meat delivery has been repackaged and is in the freezer so I am looking at my meal plan to make some changes now it is here.

      I feel much better but will continue to take it easy over the weekend. I think it's a stress related thing so I am making a real effort to keep calm.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news that the ladies are no worse & yes let's pray that it is a mild case of the virus. Worry can take a lot out of a person, so hopefully today with your gentle schedule, will see you enjoy the time in the garden, increasing those steps & sorting out an early delivery. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be mild case so am hoping that they'll start to improve after day four.

      I've mostly been indoors today. I'm feeling better but couldn't summon up the energy to do any work in the garden today.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad the girls are continuing to do well and trust that'll continue. Stressful for them and their loved ones, I know :( A meat order sounds worth staying in to watch for. Something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, yes we're all on edge waiting for them to start feeling better.

    I ordered the meat delivery because,at the time, I couldn't get a supermarket delivery. I'm pleased with the quality though so it may be something to do in the future as a treat - too expensive to do regularly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts