Good Friday


The jigsaw is finished! Today I start my new ripple blanket, following Attic 24's instructions, but I don't need to worry about the colour changes as I'm doing the entire blanket in cream to match the other blankets in my living room. 

It's a different sort of Easter for everyone this year. We have never really celebrated the holiday as a family, except for gifts of Easter eggs to the under 18s, so it's not that much of a change for me. I no longer buy Easter eggs for the children in the family as they get so many, and I prefer to give them money instead. I sent it all off just before the lock-down started and their parents have acknowledged receipt so I know they'll get their gifts on Sunday. Not that they can spend it for a while! 

The big change for me will be that I won't be singing in the Good Friday concert nor playing in the March of Witness. All household chores are suspended until next Tuesday and the Easter holidays will be spent 'visiting' a museum or art gallery every day and then enjoying a 'trip' to the theatre every evening. Today I am visiting the Museum of Broken Relationships (which isn't as depressing as it sounds!) and tonight I will watch Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Jesus Christ, Superstar', available on YouTube for 48 hours.

Comments

  1. Oh, wow! You finished the puzzle! That was quick!

    I like your plans for the Easter holidays! Good Friday is considered a regular working day, here, so those who are still working will be expected to work, grocery stores will be open, the mail will be delivered. The same with the Monday after Easter; it's not a holiday, either. That museum sounds intriguing! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Friday and Easter Monday are officially Bank Holidays but lots of places still work,shops would normally be open and there will be a postal delivery. Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday aren't Bank Holidays. When I worked in the Civil Service we were also entitled to a half day holiday on Maundy Thursday.

      There are two museums of broken relationships, one in Los Angeles and one in Zagreb but I can't tell from the site which one I'm actually visiting. It's fascinating though.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your Easter holiday. I see Kings College Choir are doing an Easter day service which I'm quite looking forward to. It was filmed before the plague caused lockdown.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will check to see when it's on.

      Delete
  3. I think we will spend time in the garden today as the weeds need attending to. I like the sound of your weekend too but may also look out for Joys recommendation of the Kings College Choir as I know D will enjoy that.

    Stay safe

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been out in the garden to do a bit of weeding but I need to give it some serious attention next week.

      Easter from Kings is on BBC 2 tomorrow at 7pm (I just checked!) so I will definitely make time to watch the service.

      Delete
  4. Well that visit to the Lost Relationship was something completely different. Thanks for sharing that link. What a bright busy jigsaw puzzle - WOW that you didn't give up. I'll be another one attending the Kings College Choir on Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed the museum if lost relationships - as you say, something completely different.

      I obviously went through a stage of buying unusual jigsaws: this completed one didn't have straight edges and the next one is a series of photos on the box but the actual jigsaw is the same scenes from a different angle.

      Delete
  5. 'Jesus Christ, Superstar' had a huge impact on me back in the day. It bears re-watching during this season. I'm going to check out the Museum of Broken Relationships. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first saw Jesus Christ Superstar on the London stage in the 1970s - it seems a lifetime away now. I recall that there is a film version of it which touched me much more than the staff shows and I'll buy a copy if it is available on DVD.

      Delete
    2. I saw the movie in the theater when it came out, and we have a DVD from back in the day. There's been at least one modernization of it, but the music stays the same in all of them. It used to be popular in community and college theaters, but I have seen that in years.

      Delete
    3. I've ordered a copy of the DVD.

      Delete
    4. Cool. If you're like me you'll sing along and even cry during parts of it. I think it's still one of the best Holy Week movies

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts