Holy Saturday

I enjoyed everything about yesterday. Conversations over the fence with my neighbours, and phone calls with J and with Julie took up a good part of the morning. In between conversations I started another jigsaw puzzle, sorted out my response for the mahjong 'hand of the week' game, and visited the online Museum of Broken Relationships. After a late lunch I read the first few chapters of the fourth Harry Potter book, played the clarinet, and spoke to Ced's brother.

The evening was taken up with the choir's Friday night quiz, followed by 'Jesus Christ, Superstar', and then some more episodes of Killing Eve. 

Today I hope to find an art gallery to visit online, and this evening will watch Easter from Kings followed by the National Theatre's Jane Eyre. In between times I'll fit in some more clarinet practice, would like to take the rest of the photos I need for the WPSH, and will make a start on the blanket (I ran out of time yesterday!)

It looks like it will be a sunny day so I'm going to get the patio furniture back out of the garage and have my meals outside. I don't sit out in the sun very often but I feel the need for some fresh air and sunshine - life has slowed down so much that it feels like the right thing to do today.

Comments

  1. What a lovely day you had and it sounds good for today as well. What a blessing to have such lovely weather.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day yesterday and I'm hopeful for the same today. I hope you have a lovely day too x

      Delete
  2. You certainly had a very full day yesterday. Cheers to sitting on the patio & enjoying the outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patio isn't happening at present as my neighbour is in and out of my garden repairing our shared fence panels, so I am indoors keeping a safe distance away. Hopefully, tomorrow instead. I've been catching up with family while I wait.

      Delete
  3. I looked the the Museum of Broken Relationships in the wee small hours of insomnia today. Some of the exhibits/commentaries raised a wry smile! Thanks.
    (And thanks for calling it Holy Saturday ... I have given up telling everyone that Easter Saturday is next week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that museum existed ... all these interesting places just waiting to be discovered now I have the time. The concept of this one intrigued me and it amused me for an hour or so.

      I've got fed up of telling people as well but I will text a couple of friends on Easter Saturday to make my point 🥴

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a very good day, yesterday. I'm sorry you aren't able to sit outside today, but, glad your neighbor is repairing the fence panels. I took a quick peek at the Museum of Broken Relationships, earlier, but, plan to have a proper visit, later. Maybe I should donate the tea set my ex gave me, which I've never used...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite not being able to sit outside I have had a lovely day. The work he's doing on the fence will hopefully make it last another couple of years before we have to replace it, so it is worth the inconvenience.

      That could count towards your decluttering for the month!

      Delete
  5. Having meals outside sounds good. I hope you get to do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts