Home, Garden, and Yellow Photos

I've been awake for most of the night but despite that I'm determined that today will be more productive. There, I've said it! I've had two lazy days, which could quite easily continue, but I'll regret it in the long run so I will be getting my act together today.

I'm concentrating on the upstairs rooms this week, hoovering and dusting the bedrooms today, then the bathroom and ensuite on Thursday or Friday.

I'd also like to spend some time in the garden. I sat outside for a while yesterday and hope it is warm enough to do the same today. I need to get on with the weeding because if I leave it much longer it will become too big a job and I won't want to get started. I placed an order for compost and summer bedding plants but the website states that they have over 2,000 orders to deal with so I don't know when, or if, it will be delivered. There's no point fretting about it though, I just followed their instructions and will wait for them to contact me. Fingers and everything else are crossed though!

I've sorted out some photos for the Photography Group's April update: the theme is yellow, not a colour that really features in my home so I've had to hunt through my archive and even then, I didn't find many. They've probably all been on the blog in the past but yellow is such a cheerful colour that I'm showing them again.


Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: steps
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden, hopefully weeding a couple of the flower beds
  • around the house: hoovering and dusting the upstairs rooms
  • social: blogging, and finish updating photos to the Photo Group Facebook page.
  • fun: clarinet practice, puzzle books and carry on with the jigsaw

Comments

  1. They are lovely, cheering, sunny photos , thanks for finding and posting them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous yellow photos! I'm a bit partial to the ones of the yellow roses, myself. :) Wow, good luck getting that shipment of plants in time for summer planting! LOL! Hope you have a good and productive day, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd like them.

      I'm not too hopeful of getting a delivery in time for summer planting but it's worth a try. There are other things much more important and the moment and at least I have some shrubs in the garden already.

      Delete
  3. I think there's a lethargy settling into all of us with this self isolation & physical distancing, hence why I think having a schedule, routine, is a key. I didn't see Dr Jo's knee exercises listed today, are they helping? I always think of yellow as such a spring colour. In my dusting routine of today I'm going to see if I have anything yellow inside as nothing outside is blooming yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are helping. The steps is actually one of her exercises, focusing on the position of the foot in relation to the knee as you step up ... doing it properly helps strengthen support of the knee.

      I waste too much of my life without a schedule but it is invaluable in the current situation.

      Delete
  4. I love your yellows! There's nothing as cheery in my opinion as a yellow flower, and we all need cheering right now. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realise that I don't have any yellow in the garden which I must rectify as soon as possible.

      I watched the Merchant of Venice film tonight - thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
    2. glad you liked it :) I have a fall-blooming sunflower and a black-eyed susan. I usually get yellow lantana, but I'm not considering that an essential right now so am doing without *sigh* I'm trying daffodils I bought in bloom in a pot at the grocery, hoping they'll come back next spring.

      Delete
    3. Most of my plants are white or shades of pink, which I love but I think I'd like some yellow in amongst the flower beds. It won't happen this year now though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts