House Repairs and Getting Organised

The leak has been repaired and the new kitchen tap fitted. It all took ages! After he'd left I wiped down all the door handles, and the bathroom and kitchen units where he'd been working, by which time it was well past lunch and I was hungry and headachy. I didn't get round to doing any more reorganising in the kitchen so will carry on with that today.

Julie called round with the potatoes she'd bought for me and we had a long chat - she sat in her car and I sat in my doorway! She is shopping for her mum so has to come this way every week and we agreed that she'll try to get any bits and pieces I may need at the same time but I'll still buy my main shop via supermarket delivery. I was lucky enough to book another supermarket delivery for May 11th but will need to top up the fresh fruit and veg before then. I spent the afternoon tweaking my meal plans, looking for a couple of new recipes, and updating my list of the food I have in the house. 

I didn't get round to watching Les Miserables last night as the headache didn't really go after I'd eaten at lunchtime and the stiff neck I'd woken with hadn't improved at all either, so I had a soak in the bath and an early night. I feel fine today and will watch it later on.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden
  • around the house: continue rearranging kitchen cupboards, 
  • social: blogging, phone calls to friends
  • fun: jigsaw puzzle, Les Miserables

Comments

  1. I'm really glad the headache is gone now and that you feel so much better again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, back to normal today thanks Joy, and finishing off the kitchen re-org.

      Delete
  2. Good to know the leak has been fixed and the new kitchen tap fitted! Sorry about the headache, but, glad an early night helped and it has gone now. How nice that Julie was able to get you the potatoes and you were able to have a chat while maintaining the required distance. We are all getting quite creative with our social distancing, aren't we? I hope your day goes well, Eileen, and you continue to stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see Julie rather than just talking on the phone. When she sees her mum they talk through the window or she sits outside the back door and get mum sits in the kitchen. Thankfully the weather is good enough to allow this to happen.

      I've nearly finished the kitchen so will have a quiet afternoon. It's warm enough to sit outside but the hay fever has started early for me this year so I will probably stay indoors and either read or try some more crochet.

      Delete
  3. Yeah to fixed plumbing issues. The pollen count locally is quite high this year & Mr Man suffers with sinus issues because of it. We I hopeful that the serve winds of the last two days have blown off any of the tree pollen so it won't be lingering around. How nice that Julie got your potatoes & you had a chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually get bothered by hayfever until the end of June/beginning of July so this is very early for me. I'm not looking forward to a whole summer of itchy eyes and sinus problems at all.

      Delete
  4. Must have been nice to have a chat in person even though you couldn't actually sit together. As good as it gets though I suppose! I'm glad the headache went away. Sometimes when I get a really bad one sleep is the only thing that fixes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see her in person even if the conversation necessitated shouting!

      I need to sleep if it's a migraine but this one was just a headache so I kept going for most of the day with it.

      Delete
  5. I’m glad you feel better now.
    I too get headaches when I miss a meal. (Actually I have a long list of things that give me headaches🙁)

    Stay safe, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. Missing meals is always a problem for me as I get a headache which settles in for the rest of the day, even if I take paracetamol. Still, at least it wasn't a migraine!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts