Let's Try Again!

Yesterday started out okay but I couldn't get going and it got steadily worse from there! All I achieved from yesterday's list was to watch 'Curtains', which I enjoyed, and to do a bit of piano playing. 

I don't feel any more motivated today but I will at the very least change, wash and dry the bedding. I can make that statement with some confidence because I stripped the bed as soon as I got up and it's in the washing machine as I write this. So that's one thing to be ticked off the list today. Will I reorganise the kitchen cupboards or start work in the garden? ... your guess is as good as mine!

I don't want to let the housework and gardening go but equally, this is not the right time to push myself too hard ... the current situation caught up with me yesterday and I had a few weepy moments. There was no specific trigger for the tears, it was just about everything and nothing in particular! Please don't be too concerned. I think this was a much needed release, not a sign that a bout of depression is returning and today I feel at ease emotionally, just too lazy to do the housework or garden!

So for today, and the next few days, I will be doing whatever I fancy and if that includes housework (unlikely!) or gardening (possibly!) that's fine. 


Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden
  • around the house: change bedding, laundry
  • social: blogging, and phoning friends
  • fun: jigsaw puzzle, piano, and crochet. 

Comments

  1. Hope you don't do what I've occasionally done when I've stripped the bed first thing in the morning - that's to forget to remake the bed before bedtime and get there to find I've got to do it all before I can get in!
    Have a good restful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, been there, done that ... there's always the spare bed! ☺️

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid I too have a habit of stripping the bed and forgetting until bedtime! I would say weepy moments are part of normal day life , they certainly are for me. I would compare it to grief. You can be fine one moment and then BOOM something triggers and I'm in tears again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt yesterday but today I am fine. It's a release valve during this prolonged period of stress. Take care x

      Delete
  3. Take it easy, Eileen. These are stressful times and we need to slow down. I didn't accomplish much, today, myself, partly because I managed to get dehydrated, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Bless. I've given myself permission to slow down completely and just do whatever I feel like doing.

      Delete
  4. One thing I have noticed in these weird times, I am not having a laundry day, per se like I used to do. Nowadays, whenever one of the two laundry carts is nearing full I just throw a load in - just to have something to do. The bed is getting changed up a lot more often too. Funny though, I haven't yet resorted to ironing, just for something to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't felt the need for any ironing either. It hasn't occurred to me to do any - it's always more fun to do something else!

      Delete
  5. Tears are a good way to release that pent up grief. I think it's something we are all feeling. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago I was looking to watch one of my films that I know makes me weepy, just to get that out of me. I've had a few days ... OK I've had many days, when the plans are there, the motivation is not. My Bible Study group just sent us all a link for a 4 week video session on Stress & COVID-19. I start today. Hopefully some sunshine falls upon you today ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling more upbeat today and have come up with some new ideas on how to amuse myself. I needed that release through tears but have my positivity hat back on and am looking forward again.

      Delete
  6. We're living through strange times, I suppose it's to be expected that our feelings and emotions are all over the place. I stripped our bed yesterday and got it dry outdoors on the line and I'm doing Eleanor's today, it's another beautiful day here so it's good to make the most of it and get all the washing up to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm drying the washing in the tumble dryer. There's a massive sparrowhawk sitting on the fence so I'm letting him have the garden to himself!

      Delete
  7. I think everyone has a weepy day now and again, I've certainly had two or three over the lockdown period. Not missing the driving or travelling, but really missing face-to-face contact with family and friends. Your chocolates in the jigsaw puzzle (different post) look real enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts