Organising, Garden, and Another Trip to the Theatre

The holidays are over so I want to give the house some attention. It's actually tidier than usual but I want to get back to my routine and I also have a couple of reasonably simple projects I'd like to get done. One is to reorganise some of the kitchen cupboards and the other is to finish off sorting the paperwork, which I thought I had completed but the pile of papers I found in the music room cupboard suggests I still have some work to do! I'll do one of them today, probably rearranging the kitchen as that's irritating me so the sooner I get it done, the better.

Providing it's warmer than yesterday I'll make a start in the garden but if the wind continues I'll tidy the end of the garage where all the garden equipment is stored instead. 

Late morning I've arranged to phone J and L, and then it'll be a quiet afternoon, dividing my time between crochet, piano, and a jigsaw puzzle ... and anything else that takes my fancy. Tonight I'll be watching 'Curtains', a musical starring Jason Manford, which I'm looking forward to.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden, hopefully weeding a couple of the flower beds
  • around the house: change bedding, laundry
  • social: blogging, and phoning friends
  • fun: jigsaw puzzle, piano, and crochet. 

Comments

  1. I'm sure your heart sank when you saw that pile of paperwork. Maybe there's not an awful lot that needs doing - I hope so, anyway.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it was in a cupboard in the music room I am hoping it is all related to teaching and so can be disposed of. Even if it isn't, it should only be filing or shredding. I'd be very surprised if there is anything that needs urgent attention.

      Delete
  2. That's the problem with paperwork - you think you are done and then, another pile pops up! That's where I am, myself - I thought I caught up with the paperwork, opened a drawer, and guess what? More papers to process! Sounds like you have a well-balanced day planned. Hope you have a lovely day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's definitely what happened here. I thought all the paperwork was filed in the one place but obviously not!

      I'm trying to get back to doing all the chores in the mornings to leave afternoons and evenings for a mixture of social and solo things.

      Delete
  3. In my kitchen, cupboards are very much like black holes for some things. I always end up with more plastic containers than the last time - I am sure they breed in the darkness of a closed door! Is your crocheting getting easier now that you are doing again? I've taken a few online tours of noted crafters' crafting rooms. It certainly has given me some ideas for organizing my own space. I hope you enjoy Curtains this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the plastic containers I need to sort out, move them all to one place and decide on the best way of storing them.

      The main problem with the crochet is not so much to do with following the instructions, but more to do with the fact I have arthritis in both hands and find it painful to hold the hook.

      Delete
  4. I need to dust, and it's not like I don't have plenty of time for it ;) I hope the weather lets you get out in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts