The Weekend Starts Today

I'm having an easy-ish day today. The downstairs floors have to be done without fail (one carpet to hoover and the hard flooring to be washed) but that's all as far as housework is concerned. The weekend will start as soon as that's done!

I want to spend most of the day working on my family tree - I've reached an interesting stage in my research. Well it's all interesting, but I have been able to clarify key information on an individual who was proving to be a bit of a mystery character, and an added bonus is that I have made contact with a distant cousin who has the same person in her family tree. We are sharing information so I'm hopeful that will open up some new lines of research.

We did the online quiz last night, just myself and L as J had to work, and we didn't do too well this time. Our final score was 27 out of 50, mainly due to our poor performance on the sport and geography rounds. It's the choir quiz tonight and then I'll watch 'Love Never Dies', the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. I read today that Broadway will be releasing their shows worldwide for free so I've signed up for the newsletter although there's no indication yet of when this will happen.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: Doctor Jo's knee exercises
  • in the fresh air: time in the garden
  • around the house: downstairs floors
  • social: blogging, choir quiz
  • fun: jigsaw puzzle, family tree research, watching Love Never Dies

Comments

  1. I'm trying to make up for my earlier tardiness! :D

    I love how you've decided that the weekend will start on Friday, as soon as you've done the floors! Sounds good to me! It's still Thursday night, here, though, just after 10:00 p.m.

    You still got more than half the questions correct on the quiz; I think that is good! Hope you do well on the choir quiz!

    I hope you have a fun day researching the family tree. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have the same aim when we enter a quiz - answer every question and score more than 50% of the total marks. Unfortunately we couldn't answer every question this time, just drew a complete blank on some, so we didn't achieve our aim.

      I hope you have a great Friday too.

      Delete
  2. A long weekend sounds a very good idea indeed. It sounds as if you're going to have a lot of fun too. Brilliant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to this weekend's little indulgences. I have a list of fun things to choose from, will catch up with family, and will 'see' friends on Sunday.

      I hope you enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reminding me about Love Never Dies, it's nice that it follows so closely after Phantom. I have enjoyed some recent tours of gardens; Hollands famous garden, Keukenhof. Yesterday I toured the spring gardens at Arundel Castle. It makes me excited about the bulb catalogues arrival in July. Hope you have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to Love Never Dies as this will be the first time I've seen it.

      Your garden 'visits' sound interesting. I've done some museum tours but haven't tried the garden ones yet, though I do have a virtual tour of a Japanese garden on my list.

      Delete
  4. Family research can definitely become addictive, especially when you make a discovery, I think it spurs you on to go further. Enjoy the weekend, Friday is my favourite day knowing that it's the end of the working week, even though I don't work myself, funny that isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely addictive ... but fun.

      I think we're conditioned during our schooling and working lives to look forward to the end of Friday, knowing we have two days off. I too am retired but that feeling is still with me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts