A Quiet Day

Yesterday, I couldn't shake off a headache so ended up going back to bed. I dozed on and off all day and eventually woke feeling pain free but heavy headed about 5 pm. When I went to make a coffee I looked out the kitchen window and saw an ambulance pull up at one of the houses in the street (my house is on the corner so this was a house in the other street, not mine). The paramedics donned their hazmat suits before going into the house, then stretchered the wife into the ambulance. Her husband wasn't allowed in the vehicle so said goodbye from the required 2 metre distance and was sent back indoors. The  ambulance left, presumably headed to the Royal United Hospital in Bath. I thought it very sad that the husband had to maintain his distance as they lived together so it wouldn't have increased his level of risk and the paramedics were suited up.

Anyway, I lounged about until choir practice, which cheered me up, then spoke to Julie and Lauren,  and finished off the evening watching the film, Hidden Figures.

It's Lauren's birthday today so, as they have to deliver supplies to Julie's mum, are planning to call round here as well to have socially distanced chat. Lauren is saving her proper celebration until lockdown is relaxed.

I don't know what time they will be here but I'm having an easy day, so their visit will be the highlight! I still feel heavy headed and lethargic, so most likely a sign that a migraine is imminent.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you suffered another headache, yesterday; I hope it doesn't turn into a full blown migraine. Rest as much as you can. How sad that the husband couldn't get near his wife to say goodbye to her. I hope she will be able to recover and come home, again. Enjoy Lauren's birthday visit and take it easy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heartbreaking and I hope she recovers quickly.

      It's definitely going to be a full blown migraine. I've taken the prescription meds now but am trying to keep going so I can see Lauren later on ... I'll give in to it as soon as I've seen her and Julie.

      Delete
  2. I hope that you have caught & sent this potential migraine off. So many celebrations either put on hold, or cancellation. Sending Lauren happy birthday wishes. I do hope your neighbour is going to be fine. Sad that her husband couldn't be with his wife during a scary time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck, it's developing into a full blown migraine. I've taken medication and will go to bed as soon as Julie and Lauren have been.

      It's so sad about the couple over the road. They are retired and are in the shielded group so weren't going out, so if it is the coronavirus she must be very high risk.

      Delete
  3. I hopped over here via a couple of other blogs I was visiting. Hello there.
    Seeing the wife come out on a stretcher must have been traumatic. I know I would feel very anxious and sad.
    I hope she makes it.
    Hidden Figures is such an inspiring movie and brings back memories from the 1960s - some good and some not so good. Loved the music and the actors were pretty amazing.
    My daughter who lives a few miles away, has not been over to see us in about 6 weeks. She is very anxious that somehow she will have picked up the virus and will infect us, even though she has also been working from home and is very careful. I understand her concern. We also missed her 35th birthday celebration. We are a small family. We will celebrate this fall hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Debbie. I thoroughly enjoyed Hidden Figures and recommended it to my friends today.

      I haven't seen any of my family since the lockdown started. We keep in touch with phone calls and video calls but it's not the same really. My brothers and sisters are in the same position as me, i.e. in the high risk group so we're all staying at home and isolating. My friend Julie is a carer for her mum so she has called round a couple of times when she is out to visit her mum and we have a shouted conversation. There will be lots of celebrations to catch up with when we can all meet again in person.

      Delete
  4. I'm another sending good vibes to your neighbours. Hope you find out more to put your mind at rest, and that she will be back home safe and sound soonest.
    Hope the visit was great and that the migraine is soon passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It seems that the hazmat suits are used on every call so doesn't necessarily mean she has the virus.

      It was great to see Julie and Lauren and we had a good laugh together. The migraine didn't develop and I felt well enough to watch a film this evening.

      Delete
  5. I hope your neighbor recovers soon.

    I’m sorry are are having a migraine Eileen. I hope medication helps and you will wake up without the headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil, I was lucky this time - the headache didn't develop into a migraine.

      I'm praying for my neighbour.

      Delete
  6. That's rotten for both of them - I hope she recovers quickly so she can come back home again soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really brings it home when you see something like that. I haven't heard how she is yet but I'm praying for a quick recovery.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts