Lifestyle Goals | Monthly Review for May 2020

Here is my update for May, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [8][8]To achieve this I want to focus on the sub-goals shown in bold text. 

These are the sub-goals where I have achieved the maximum rating. Each sub-goal still requires a degree of effort to maintain that rating but I feel I have developed the habits to support this.
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goal:
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [8.5][9] I have sorted a huge pile of items that can be donated once the charity shops reopen or taken to the recycling yard. I also have a small pile of things which can be advertised on eBay as I can work out the postage at home and post in the postbox rather than visiting a post office.
  • I live life now, in the moment [8][8.5]  I'm getting so much better at focusing on a single activity and giving my full concentration to whatever I have chosen to do. Even though these are simple everyday things, I am much more contented as a result and feeling happy with my lot!

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that still require improvement. 

  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [9][9] I've lost some weight but nowhere near enough and I want to get back in the habit of eating when I'm hungry rather than eating just because the clock says it's time. 
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [8][8] Nothing has got worse but I haven't improved either. It's partly because, now I can't go to the clubs or meet friends, I have too much time to fill every day. It doesn't feel like a priority at the moment as things are getting done ... eventually!
  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [6][6] The garden is a complete mess but D will be starting work on the 9th so this rating should increase to reflect an improvement at the end of the month.
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [7][7] This is the aspect of life that I am most concerned about so will be the focus goal for June.  I can exercise (with caution) so have to get back to the discipline of daily exercise.

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) are all to do with simplifying life: 

My SMART tasks for May were:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies - Ongoing
  2. Continue looking for someone to help with the garden - ACHIEVED
  3. Decide on a filing system for the digital photo files and start tagging and ordering the individual files - ACHIEVED
  4. Introduce a weekday schedule (suitable for the lock-down restrictions) - ACHIEVED
  5. Sort and tidy the top shelves in the biggest music cupboard - ACHIEVED

My SMART tasks for June are:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies  - ongoing
  2. Complete the photo file organisation - by 30th June 2020
  3. Remove at least 20 items (sell, dispose or recycle) - by 30th June 2020
  4. Order additional pots for the garden - by 30th June 2020
  5. A minimum of 15 minutes of exercise - Daily

Comments

  1. I think you did very well on your monthly goals, given the current circumstances. You improved on at least two of your categories and you achieved all your SMART tasks! I am impressed! Well done and hope you have a great month in June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's easier to complete the tasks when I have so much time on my hands!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts