Lifestyle Goals | Monthly Review for April 2020

Here is my update for April, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [8.5][8]To achieve this I want to focus on the sub-goals shown in bold text. 

These are the sub-goals where I have achieved the maximum rating. Each sub-goal still requires a degree of effort to maintain that rating but I feel I have developed the habits to support this.
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goal:

  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [10][9] I've been comfort eating during the lock-down and have put on weight as a result. It's not too bad at present but I want to get on top of this before it becomes a real issue.
  • I live life now, in the moment [7][8]  I've continued to focus on doing one thing at a time and am getting better at it. 
  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [8][6] The garden is a mess and needs attention. I am hoping to find someone to help out but haven't had any luck so far.
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [8][7] Being confined to the house means I can't go out for walks and, although I have done some knee strengthening exercises and have been walking in the garden, my general fitness has undoubtedly been affected by the confinement. I've also had increasing pain in my legs and hips so am currently easing up on any exercise to get on top of the pain control.

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that still require improvement. 

  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [8.5][8.5] 
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [8][8] I haven't changed the rating for this category but am increasingly aware that my tendency to procrastinate hasn't been overcome, and I need to work on it. 

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) are all to do with simplifying life: 

My SMART tasks for April were:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies - Ongoing
  2. Complete spring cleaning in upstairs rooms - ACHIEVED
  3. Complete filing system for important paperwork - ACHIEVED
  4. Tackle the weeding in the back garden - COMPLETE FAIL!
  5. Review March spending - ACHIEVED

My SMART tasks for May are:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies - Ongoing
  2. Continue looking for someone to help with the garden - by 31st May 2020 
  3. Decide on a filing system for the digital photo files and start tagging and ordering the individual files - by 31st May 2020 
  4. Introduce a weekday schedule (suitable for the lock-down restrictions) - by 31st May 2020 
  5. Sort and tidy the top shelves in the biggest music cupboard - by 31st May 2020 

Comments

  1. I think it's a universal for comfort eating. I know this side of the pond, grocery chains are recording extreme profits for the first quarter of the year! I think this is why so many of the first phases of a relaxed lock down will include the ability to walk outside in the parks, no gathering, but more options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the comfort eating but maybe need to watch the portion size!

      Walking in parks is already permitted over here. Sadly,I think the people who have problems understanding social distancing will continue to congregate whatever the options available to them.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a very good month, overall, Eileen. You have some areas at maximum, a couple stayed the same, and one went up! The three that decreased a little all seem to have something to do with the current stressful situation (healthy eating/activities) and/or your physical abilities (gardening/activities). But, you have decided to focus on them in May and I'm sure you'll be able to get things under control by the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good month considering the situation. I marked those three down because I felt I'd dropped the ball on them; they all require more effort than I'd bothered to put in and I want to turn that around as quickly as possible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts