Me On Monday

After a quiet weekend, Monday finds me ...


... slightly confused by the latest information on the status of coronavirus locally. I've been deliberately ignoring the daily media reports, opting to check weekly but am now sort of wishing that I hadn't bothered. The local information is that this area, the South West, has the lowest number of cases and fewer deaths than any other region in the UK, which is excellent news and consistent with what's been reported all along. Strangely, however, the R number (the reproduction rate of the virus) for this area is reported as being the highest in the UK, which doesn't seem to make sense.

... planning some mood boosters. The two recent outside trips made a big difference to my mood so I am trying to come up with ideas for occasional activities to keep me feeling upbeat. Although I think the occasional drive out or a short walk locally is relatively risk free, the bottom line is that I am still supposed to be self isolating so I need to come up with ideas for mood boosters at home ... I'm thinking maybe weekly, but I don't know what will work yet.

... surprised to get a supermarket home delivery slot. I looked online yesterday on the off chance as I'm out of salad, fruit and fresh vegetables and picked up a slot for delivery between 9 am and 10 am today. 

... arranging a Zoom meeting with my niece, B. She is interested in the family tree but obviously can't come round so I am going to attempt sharing my laptop screen via Zoom and talk her through the research.

... over the moon that my enthusiasm for reading has returned. For most of this year I've mostly been reading magazine articles as I was finding it difficult to concentrate on anything longer, and the few novels I'd read had been a struggle. I don't know what's changed but I spent yesterday with my nose in a book and completely lost myself in the story.

... looking forward to choir practice tonight. M announced yesterday that she may try to organise a couple of outdoor, socially distanced, singing sessions sometime during the summer. It'll be brilliant if she can but I'm not getting too excited about it until I know where it is going to be and how many people will be involved.

It's a bank holiday today but I haven't arranged anything special. I'll be staying at home as I think there may be more people out and about today and will save my weekly excursion until later in the week. I hope you all have a lovely day.

Comments

  1. It's good to hear you got back into a book - that's the best of your list!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't fully realise how much I missed reading until I got back into it.

      Delete
  2. SO glad reading is a pleasure again. There's nothing quite like a good book unless it's another good book!
    Good luck with organising the Zoom meeting and congratulations on the online home delivery slot. Rarer than hen's teeth, they are!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the delivery slot may have been a cancellation because there weren't any availability on that date when I checked before, so something to remember for the future.

      Haha, I see we think alike about books!

      Delete
  3. Oh I need mood boosters too. I forced myself to read the last couple of days, and that has helped. The fact that the book was a real tear-jerker helped too. A good cry every now and then has been in order these days. The best mood booster was an unabashed immediate hug from my daughter when she visited Saturday and Sunday. It's a holiday here too, but hubby and I are on our own again, so it won't seem much different. In fact, instead of using it as an excuse to be lazy I am feeling a little extra motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually coping well with the isolation but the occasional special treat to help top up my mood will make life better.

      How lovely that you had a hug with your daughter.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad to hear that your mood has lifted, especially with those two jaunts out. That's probably why reading is again a joy. Hopefully the upcoming SPSH will give you some more reasons to plan a few adventures out. If all the reporting is correct & media coverage not over done, I predict restrictions will be back in place, so good that you can book a grocery delivery time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eagerly awaiting the start of the SPSH ... that's on my list of mood busters!

      I wouldn't be surprised if restrictions have to be reinstated soon.

      Delete
  5. I agree about the safety of the occasional outing, and it does lift the spirits :) My mood boosters are always gardening on my little patio and yoga. Each person is different, and I know you will find something at your home that works for you. Getting lost in that book sounds promising :) I hope you enjoy your day in today. That's where I'll be, too, thinking more people will be out this weekend than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't go out yesterday because photos as friend posted of her family's outing showed just how crowded it was. The sun seems to have taken away people's common sense!

      Delete
  6. I wonder if the R rate went up because restrictions have been eased and more people are out and about and the chances of coming into contact with more people, and thus spreading the virus, increase.

    I'm glad you were able to get a grocery delivery slot and hope your order has arrived. Hope your day goes well, Eileen. Enjoy your choir practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that the R number will rise again if the media reporting of behaviour is in any way accurate. The high R number for this area doesn't tally with the very low number of cases reported - I'm confused about it as are some of the friends I've discussed it with.

      I was pleased to get the slit at such short notice so I have plenty of fresh produce for the time being. Choir was fun as always, thanks Bless.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts