Organising, Relaxing, Quizzing, and a Visit to the Royal Albert Hall

Yesterday morning I was out of bed by 5:30 am and started on the task for the day. By the time I was ready for my breakfast I had transferred all the files across from my old laptop and had checked and deleted about a quarter of them. I think everything will have been dealt with when I bought the new laptop but I need to check before I clear the hard drive ready for disposal so I will carry on with that today.

So apart from that early morning effort, it was a rather lazy day apart from bringing the wheelie bin back in mid morning and accepting delivery of a parcel mid afternoon, although receipt of parcels is now much more time consuming than it used to be with all the necessary wiping down, disinfecting, and hand washing. 

L was feeling poorly so dropped out but it was good to 'see' J for our weekly quiz last night ...  we got 40.5 out of 50, our best yet. Afterwards I was going to watch the National Theatre's Frankenstein, but will leave that for an evening next week and opted instead to do a bit more of the jigsaw puzzle, then up to bed for a bit more reading and an early night.

Today, after my stint of checking the computer files, I will do the bits of housework and get them out of the way and then settle down for an afternoon of reading, jigsaw-ing (not a word, but you get what I mean!), and piano playing.

The choir quiz is at 6pm, followed immediately by the weekly Lloyd Webber release, which this week is the Royal Albert Hall concert to celebrate his 50th birthday.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: not today, the forecast is for rain again 
  • around the house: dusting, clean small appliances in kitchen
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop
  • social: blogging ,choir quiz 
  • fun: reading, jigsaw puzzle, watch Andrew Lloyd Webber concert

Comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to the RAH this evening. It will be great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. I don't remember seeing it before.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have good plans for the day. Congratulations on the quiz, yesterday, and good luck on tonight's quiz! Enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The choir quiz is always much harder and I'll be on my own so am not expecting to do as well - I'm useless at the 'name the introduction' round!

      Delete
  3. A very impressive quiz score. Did you get everything you ordered in the delivery yesterday? Our first curbside pick up was ready on time, only 3 substitutions all of which we accepted (they send confirmation email an hour before to advise). Hope you enjoy today's Royal Albert concert. Happy Weekend, although it is starting to blur for me (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got everything I ordered so am stocked up on toiletries, cleaning supplies and chocolate. I don't think the chocolate will last as long as the toiletries and cleaning stuff though!

      If L had been with us we would have scored even more as she knew some of the answers we got wrong.

      I'm looking forward to the concert tonight, the perfect end to the 'working week' 😂

      Hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts