Tuesday

I am happy to report that yesterday can be marked down as a successful day. I arranged a GP telephone consultation for a few days time with no hassle at all - I didn't even need to give my life story to the receptionist!

I didn't get round to cancelling the roofer as he turned up to do the work so I just went with the flow and the lead flashing is now fixed back in place, sealed and watertight. That's one less thing to worry about and one more task ticked off the list. 

I had to move the car off the drive for the roofer so once he'd left I took off for a long-ish drive. I didn't stop for a walk, but drove around for 30 minutes or so with the windows down and the radio on ... and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Of course it's not all plain sailing as there are two warning lights on - one to say it's overdue for the annual service, which was due last month, and as I turned into my Close the tyre pressure warning came on so I will need to check the pressures next time I take the car out. The service can wait!

The drive out, and the pleasure of doing something 'normal' for a change has raised my spirits and I woke today feeling much better emotionally. I'm not exercising until I have spoken to my doctor so this morning is set aside for cleaning the bathrooms and moving some things to the garage.

If it's as warm as it was yesterday I'll eat all my meals outside and enjoy the sunshine while I can. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to photograph while I'm out there but if not, I will lose myself in a book.


Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: sitting out on the patio 
  • around the house: bathroom cleaning duties
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop 
  • social: blogging, Zoom chat with L and J
  • fun: calligraphy, photography

Comments

  1. That's all so lovely and positive. I'm so glad things have fallen into place so comfortably. Here's to another lovely day today - for both of us. Cheers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting the roof done is a relief and a big load off my mind. Today's chores are already done and out of the way so now I can sit back and enjoy myself. I hope you have a lovely day too, Joy x

      Delete
  2. How lovely was that drive out. Yes a normal thing that reaps huge emotional rewards. We have an errand to run, later this week & I am more than excited as it will take about 45 minutes each way & it's in the countryside. That is wonderful that the roofer showed up & did the work. Did he get around to Julie's or had she cancelled him outright? Cheers to patio sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie made other arrangements so had cancelled him. It's turned out to be too windy and dull to sit out but at least it's not raining. I had the French doors open for a while to listen to the bird song so I've had my fix for the day.

      Enjoy your drive out later this week x

      Delete
  3. That is so nice that you've had such a successful day! I am so glad that the roofer did turn up and now the repairs have been done and you don't have to think about it, any more. I'm also so happy that you were able to go for a nice drive! Yes, better get that tire (American spelling!) pressure checked before you have a flat tire! Hope the GP consultation will go well, too. Too bad you can't sit outside, today, but, well done on getting all the housework done and out of the way! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so relieved to get the roof done. I have four more things which have been hanging about for months/years that are nearing completion so by the end of May, or possibly June, I will be able to tick another load off. Some good has come out of these strange times for me!

      I need to think about getting a face mask and some disposable gloves before I go out again. I haven't got any suitable fabric so will probably buy one for now. Once I have that, especially the gloves, I will feel happier about using the air machine at the garage and can top up with fuel as well.

      Delete
  4. So pleased to hear that you went for that drive. The car will thank you for it but more importantly, a change of scenery can provide a real "lift". I sometimes think I don't "need" to go out but if I do, I invariably feel quite different when I return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely have me that lift. I feel much better emotionally today and have a bit more energy. I think I will try to add in a walk around the village as well, but later in the day when it's likely to be quieter.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the roofer worked out. It's good to have that behind you :) It's nice that the consult was so easy to schedule. I trust the appointment itself will be as easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I can get it all resolved in the telephone consultation as I really do not want to go to the surgery ... fingers are crossed!

      Yes, very relieved about the roof. I'm slowly ticking things off the list.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts