Thursday

Yesterday was an undemanding day at home. The Morrison delivery arrived dead on time, was complete with only two substitutions (in both cases beef products were sent as substitutes even though I'd specifically requested no beef!), and the driver was extremely helpful. I'll be quite happy to use them again as an alternative to Tesco, and the free gingerbread man has nothing to do with that decision!

So now I need to think about some bulk cooking to replenish my stock of freezer meals. I made a chicken and chickpea curry in the slow cooker yesterday which was a bit of a disappointment so will throw some more spices and onions at it to sort that out today, and then will have a think about ideas for fish recipes as I found three packs of fish (which I don't remember buying) that need to be used up. 

I finally finished the tiny jigsaw - that was a hard one ...


... and made a start on the two-sided gradient puzzle.


I've gone from the tiny puzzle pieces of the Tower Bridge puzzle to the larger than usual pieces in this one. The following photo shows the size against a regular sized puzzle piece.


The two-sided aspect won't be as big an issue as I was expecting. The side I'm concentrating on is pink - yellow - green, and the reverse is purple - blue - pink, but it is really easy to tell which side of each piece is which so I won't get the different pinks confused. Of course, this could be 'famous last words' so we'll see how I get on!

There's supposed to be another thunderstorm today. At the moment there's no sign of it so I will go out for a walk as soon as I've had my breakfast ... a walk in the fresh air will do me good, I think. The light is not that good but I'll take my camera and hope for the best. 

We decided to have a break from the weekly quiz so tonight will be a film night instead and I'll watch The Choir on Film 4+1. In between the morning walk and the evening film I'll fill my time with cooking, jigsaw-ing, reading, and some form of music. 

Comments

  1. I wish Morrisons delivered round here but they don't, not yet. I love the gingerbread man; what a nice freebie.

    That puzzle is so good - well done for completing it. I haven't started mine yet - I want to see if Dad still has Mum's old puzzle holder tray thingy first and then if I may borrow it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed with the quality of the wonky fruit and veg and there's the added bonus that you're not restricted to a total order size as you are with Tesco.

      I'm on the lookout for a puzzle board with trays. I inherited my Mum's but it eventually disintegrated and went to the skip.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your delivery arrived. What do you do with the substitutions you didn't want because they contained beef? Are you able to decline them and get a refund?

    Congratulations on completing the tiny pieces puzzle and look at you already making progress on the new puzzle!

    I hope you are able to get in a nice walk before the storm hits.

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In normal times they would take the unwanted items back and refund the money but now they refund the money and leave the unwanted items for me to pass to on to someone else. L is going to have the beef products this time. With the other substituted items that I was happy to keep I was charged the cheaper price in every case - there were only three things though.

      No luck with the walk today. It's pouring down so home is the best place to be!

      Delete
  3. I think the beef could be used as a barter item with family or close, I trust, friends (col). Our click & collect food shop waives the cost of convenience ($3.00) but I think I would like to see occasionally a little gingerbread person in my bag - it just seems a more tangible thanks. You are quite good with the jigsaw puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to let L have them as she has been hit hard by change of circumstances during this period. If she didn't want them I probably would have sent them to the food bank. It's not something my family would want and most of my friends are vegetarian so definitely wouldn't want it!

      The gingerbread was lovely and spicy ... the best I've eaten for a long time. I know where to buy my gingerbread this Christmas 😀

      Delete
  4. I did't know you could get double sided puzzles. I imagine they can be quite challenging.

    When I saw you were looking forward to watching The Choir, I was thinking it is one of my favourite films - but it's about a different choir! This is my favourite choir film
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chorus_(2004_film)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chorus is one of my favourite films too. I have it on DVD and last watched it a few weeks ago. The film I'm watching doing has been recommended and has good reviews.

      Double sided puzzles are definitely challenging!

      Delete
  5. That’s a very pretty puzzle. Are you going to frame it?
    When I was a student, I decorated my apartment with jigsaw puzzles. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty but I've already broken it up and passed it on. My friend, S, always frames her favourite puzzles.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad the delivery went so well. Maybe they'll get that "no beef" thing fixed for next time. And gingerbread doesn't hurt ;) I've never heard of a reversable puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to speak to their customer service department before I place the next order to see if something can be put on my account to make it clear. The gingerbread was delicious!

      Double sided puzzles are challenging. This one, the gradient one, is proving to be much more difficult than I thought it would be.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts