Tuesday

I'm experimenting with the new Blogger format. I can't work out why I had problems yesterday but this photo loaded easily. It's another one for the SPSH - alt C | something with four sides


Edited to add this photo to show the size of the puzzle pieces, placed next to a standard sized piece for scale.

And while I remember, the theme for my June  mini photo challenge is 'repetition'. Also, last month some of you expressed an interest in Sandie's 5 in 5 so just a reminder that the linky will appear on her blog on the 5th.

I've nearly completed renaming and tagging the photos of family and friends. I'm not going to rename any of the other photos as they are easy to find in my new filing system so it feels like a bit of a wasted effort. My next task will be sorting out the backup which should be really easy once I sort out my external harddrive. I ordered a new cable for it yesterday which should be here next week ... and I'm sure I will find the original cable as soon as the new one arrives but it's always useful to have a spare, isn't it? 

I watched afternoon TV again yesterday. It's becoming a habit which I need to break but I was rewarded with the episode of Garden Rescue as it was filmed in Trowbridge. I don't know the home owners but I recognised their home, which was just round the corner from where I lived with Ced.

I did all the housework yesterday so am a lady of leisure today ... if you don't count that I need to sort out the wheelie bins. The blue recycling bin need to be moved outside ready to be emptied tomorrow and I have received the sticker for my garden waste bin so need to stick that on the green bin before I forget. This is the confirmation that I have paid for the service and the bin won't be emptied without that proof. I'm delighted that I got an additional two months for free, to do with non collection during the start of the lockdown even though I wasn't paying for the service then! The grey household waste bin is still empty so I may wash that out while I have the chance. 

Apart from that it'll be a day filled with the usual - reading, piano, some exercise, maybe a film, watch the Downing Street briefing, a phone call to friends, and maybe a bit more sorting. I like days like this!

Comments

  1. Days like this are great, aren't they? Nice and casual and gentle.
    A spare cable is always a good idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying this slower pace of life, just pleasing myself. The weather is glorious and today is turning out to be just perfect! Hope you have a wonderful day too x

      Delete
  2. Me too - days where the fun and the work both get accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jigsaw puzzle looked like it was quite a satisfying one. While done you getting those photos all labelled & sorted. We are moving to a new way of recycling & garbage pick up in July & has many people grumbling already. We will still have weekly pick up of the blue bin recycling material, but added to weekly pick up will be the green compost waste bin (not yard waste) & then the yellow garbage bag pick up moves to every other week. We do not pay extra for the blue & green bins but the yellow bags have to be purchased. I am hoping to get a few photos for the SPSH off the patio today as we have a pick up at the pet warehouse which is about a 30 minute each way - surely the change of views will twig my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puzzle is advertised as the world's smallest puzzle and it was one of the hardest I've done. I usually do the sky first but couldn't make any progress after a week of trying so changed tack! I'll edit the post to show the size of the individual puzzle pieces.

      It's only the garden waste we have to pay separately for. All the other collections are included in the annual payment for Council Tax which also includes contributions to the library services, emergency services, etc.

      Good luck with finding that inspiration on the way!

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    I enjoyed seeing your Puzzle and the pieces.
    It must be good entertainment.
    Great that you feel happy to rest and do things you enjoy most.
    In this confinement I have used to sleep a little more;)) !!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just enjoying days where I potter about doing whatever I fancy. I sometimes have daytime naps but try not to if possible because I don't sleep too well at night. Enjoy your sleeps while you can 😄

      Delete
  5. Great work on the puzzle and yes those pieces are tiny! Great scene though!
    Well, very happy for you that the photos uploaded easily. (Spit, spit!) I now have what you had yesterday, and can't upload a thing! Grrr... And I was trying to get ahead on a few overdue posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only load ones from my phone. The camera ones are still a problem if that makes you feel any better?

      Delete
    2. Much! 😛

      Just joking, but it is reassuring to know it's not just my computer. Let me know when it rights itself. Sigh!

      Delete
    3. No problem, I knew you were joking 😁

      Did you see the comment below - Aril is having the same problem. And yes, I will let you know when it's sorted.

      On a completely different note I found out today that there are now Mandarin ducks in Devizes and Calne so will be looking to get some photos once I feel confident about going out 😁

      Delete
    4. Ooh great news! I'm sure your mandarin photos will knock mine into a cocked hat, and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

      Delete
    5. It's kind of you to say that but I have to pluck up the courage to get there yet!

      Delete
  6. I can't upload photos from a camera either as yet and I write on the computer not my phone so hope Blogger will allow me to continue to do so. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating but I'm relieved to hear I'm not to only one experiencing the problem. Thanks for letting me know. x

      Delete
  7. Those puzzle pieces are tiny! That's great that you were able to get all your housework done, yesterday, and are being a lady of leisure, today. :) Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't quite pan out as I expected but I have enjoyed the day.

      The tiny pieces were just fiddly but the actual picture has been hard to put together. I've nearly finished and thus will be the last puzzle for a while. I need to restock for the winter months.

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried the new blogger yet. I keep putting it off as long as I can. Most of my posts are scheduled in advance, and I worry it''ll mess those up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scheduled my Sunday post using the new Blogger and it worked just fine so hopefully you won't have any problems.

      Delete
    2. That's encouraging, thanks! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts