Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • enjoying the Matthew Bourne ballets on YouTube
  • realising that I am so close to completing my re-organisation of the digital photo files
  • hearing that my sister's house sale is progressing
  • discovering the Weird Bristol book - just the sort of local history I love
  • disposing of the old laptops and cables, and knowing they will be put to good use in the local community
  • the news that Miss C, although in Year 6, is not returning to school  this academic year and will continue to be taught at home
  • long rambling phone calls with family and friends

I am grateful ...
  • for all the entertainment that's available online at the click of a button
  • that my car started first time (I was stressed enough about going to the garage without the added hassle of a dead battery!)
  • for the changing weather. I love that I live in a country where the weather can change so drastically from one day to the next.

Comments

  1. All really good news! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are still keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am enjoying the changeableness of the weather and am incredibly glad I have access to the internet. I've tried watching some of the stage performances that have been put online though and didn't really enjoy them. I look forward to one day being able to go to the theatre to see a play, a ballet or an opera. I need the 'atmosphere' of the live event. In the meantime I'm an Eastenders addict and am beginning to worry that they might soon be running out of pre-prepared episodes. I will find the narrowness of life in the house much harder when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the 'atmosphere' but it's better than the alternative, which is that I won't see any shows for who knows how long. I don't watch any of the soaps now but I think they announced that filming is due to start again for Corrie and Eastenders, so you should be fine! The internet is a real life saver and has played a huge part in warding off the loneliness.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen, have you been watching A House Through Time on BBC2? I ask because the house is in Bristol so may be of interest to you. I am finding it both fascinating ànd entertaining. There are four episodes, 2 have been shown already but are available on iPlayer. Worth a look🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched them yet. I'm watching until I can binge watch the first three on iPlayer and then watch the final one live. Thanks for mentioning them.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Good reasons to be happy and grateful.
    Over time, in Portugal, Sintra, today it has rained, cloudy sky, cold and now sun.
    Hugs and be well.
    Good week, healthy.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been the same here. It's good to have the rain but I need it to stop by Tuesday so the gardener can start working on the front garden!

      I hope you and your family are safe and well.

      Delete
  6. Lots of reasons to be cheerful and grateful, Eileen. I'm glad that Miss C doesn't have to return to school, yet, because, I remember you were very worried about that, in a previous post. I do hope that the weather will change, again, by Tuesday in time for the gardener to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts