Me on Monday

Me on Monday is feeling upbeat and looking forward to the week ahead.

I am back to checking my diary every day as I now have things planned! It's not as busy as before but there's no denying that life has changed yet again. This week it's choir practice (today), food delivery (Wednesday), a trip out to Great Chalfield Manor (Thursday), and a long overdue haircut (Friday). Not much really but even though I know it's not, it's enough to make life feel normal again. 

I'm wondering how much longer the regular contact calls with family and friends will continue. If my own life is getting busier then it must definitely be the case for everyone who still has a job to go to. Those who were working from home are gradually returning to the office so have less time in general and even though everyone want to maintain the same level of contact, their busy lives are starting to have an impact. It's inevitable I suppose but I'll enjoy it while it continues and am expecting and/or making telephone calls every day this week.

A local nursery is selling off some annuals at a bargain price so I've asked for some plants just to provide some colour in pots for this year. I should hear back today and will drive round to collect them later today if I'm successful. Before that it's housework, so let's hope it doesn't get too hot, and I'd like to go out for a walk as well. 

And finally, I'm sharing four more photos for the SPSH.

No 2 | something with or in a knot, seen on one of the narrowboats in the marina



No 8 | a leaf longer than your hand, with a snail for added interest!



No 16 | something with rough texture, the bark of a Redwood tree



Alt A | an animal statue, one of the lions guarding the entrance to the archery lawn at The Hall



Comments

  1. Great photos!
    I'm finding the same - things are definitely getting busier again and I think I resent it a bit. I'm going to be very careful not to do things just for the sake of doing them, if you see what I mean.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me. I'm not going inside shops and will stay at home except for short walk and the occasional visit to NT properties or similar. xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous snaps! I must relocate my hunt list and get started. We started to get out and about again, and then Covid started spiking around here, so things are back to boring! So there are only 2 things on my diary this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, I am enjoying the list this time. I'm spending most of my time at home alone since the lockdown started back in March and I don't intend to take advantage of all the activities allowed under the easing of lockdown until I'm confident that it's safe to do so.

      Delete
  3. Ah the new norms are developing for us. It sounds like you have a good blend of things for this week. Another great group of photos for SPSH. I wonder what the lion raised up signifies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lion rampant (raised up) in heraldry signifies courage and is often only rampant because the shape fits with everything else on the crest. I don't know if that applies here. It may relate to something on a previous owner's coat of arms.

      Delete
  4. Things are definitely starting to get busier again, though it would be nice if some things we've discovered from the lockdown remain in place afterwards, such as keeping in regular contact with friends and family, and making more time for yourself. I hope you were successful with the plants. Thank you so much for all the kind comments you have left on recent posts, it's been such a sad time and knowing that I've been kept in so many people's thoughts has really helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to look at the selection of plants tomorrow morning so am keeping my fingers crossed. I'd like to see some of the better aspects of lockdown continue but have my doubts. It'll be interesting to see what evolves during this next stage and through the winter when outside meetings won't be so easy.

      It's a tough time for you and your family and you are definitely in my thoughts. Take care xx

      Delete
  5. Excellent finds. Glad you had a successful trip out and you'll be pleased to know I have found a few more "lines" photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊

      I feel a bit more confident about going out for selected activities now but will continue to be cautious.

      I need to get my act together ... I only have three 'lines' photos so far and one of those is rubbish!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to read that you are feeling upbeat and looking forward to the week, with something scheduled for almost every day, this week! I do hope that you will be able to keep in contact with everyone, at least on a regular basis, even if not as frequently as now.

    You found some great photos for the scavenger hunt! I like the knotted rope on the boat and the leaf with the snail, the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely still keep in touch with everyone but realistically the contact won't be as frequent. I'm the only one in my friendship group who is retired and now that they are reaching the end of working from home, the reality is that they have less free time to fit all their social life in to.

      I was pleased with the snail on the leaf!

      Delete
  7. Nice photos, Eileen. My favorite is the bark of a redwood tree.
    I didn’t photograph anything this month for the scavenger hunt yet.

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. There's still plenty of time so you might find some things to photograph before the end of the month.

      Delete
  8. The bargain price annuals would make my day :) It's fun to have that bit 'o color,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with my bargain find. It should look good when they are all planted.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts