Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • leaving the house for short walks around the village
  • getting the thumb's up from Danielle on my planting ideas and beginning the search for the varieties I want in the garden
  • a long chat with J
  • booking a supermarket delivery for next week (it's getting easier, so is much less of a worry)
  • the news that, although the Shows Must Go On weekly musical offering is ending this week, they will be starting up again some time in August
  • visiting The Hall at Bradford on Avon with L
  • phone calls with Julie
  • finally booking a ticket to visit a local National Trust property next week - Great Chalfield Manor and Garden

I am grateful ...


  • for the British weather, giving us a mix of rain soaked cooler days, and sunshine filled warmer days with beautiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds
  • for so many techie ways to stay connected
  • for the local library and the many services they provide to the community

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

On the whole it's been a good week and I've felt upbeat and happy all week with just a small dose of anxiety about my Friday adventure. Once again, all the important stuff has somehow got done and I've had plenty of time to enjoy myself. I've chosen the plants for the garden and have completed some serious, focused music practice. Life is changing and I'm seeing a stress free rhythm to my days with a good balance between chores in the mornings and fun things once the chores are done. Add in that I've left the house a few times and I feel that I've started 'living' again.

I have lost 2 lbs this week which, considering I haven't started the new eating plan yet, I'm pleased with. 

Comments

  1. What a brilliant week! I love your reasons for both cheerfulness and thankfulness and that view is uplifting, isn't it?
    And the weight loss is great - well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the view from the back bedroom. I love it!

      It's a good start. My Morrison delivery will be here on Wednesday and then I can try out my new eating plan.

      Delete
  2. Lovely - can relate especially to the last three. The colours in your photo are so fresh, the clouds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I was pleased with the photo - taken with my phone but captured the colours perfectly x

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time on your day out. The NT are very well organised. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. The only close contact will be at the entrance. After that, the place is huge so keeping away from everyone should be easy enough. Now I've got over the anxiety of my first trip out last Friday, I feel quite relaxed about it and I'm looking forward to seeing the place again.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    I am happy to see that your things are going well and you can already have fun.
    It is very good when we start taking our walks outdoors.
    I liked the photo! You live in a beautiful place!
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going out for walks have cheered me up and made a big difference. I sat down and made a list of some of the local places I'd like to visit ... Wiltshire is an amazing county with so many beautiful places to visit.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a great week.
    Congratulations on losing 2 lbs!

    Weather looks really nice in that photo, with a clear blue sky.

    Have a wonderful week, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rather surprised at the weight loss ... surprised but happy. The new eating plan starts seriously on Thursday once I get my next food delivery so I hope the weight loss continues!

      Hope you have a great week too, Nil x

      Delete
  6. It certainly sounds like you've had a great week, Eileen. Lots of excellent reasons to be cheerful and thankful and you sound happy and upbeat. Losing that weight is an added bonus, isn't it? Lovely view from your window! Does that strip of garden between your fence and the wall belong to your neighbor? Yes, I'm being nosy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the strip of garden between the fence and the wall is my neighbour's garden. That part of his garden wraps around mine.

      Yes it has been a good week. I've enjoyed myself and things have been going well, especially the weight loss!

      Hope you have a good week, Bless x

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful week, full of blessings and cheer :) Your plans sound interesting, and it's good to see some growing ability to get out and about safely, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to work out how often I'll go out. Certainly no shopping, pubs or visiting friends at home, but I will try to go out once or twice a week to National Trust properties where access is limited and social distancing will be easy to maintain.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts