Wednesday

Danielle arrived as promised yesterday and completed all the prep work so I've ordered the fruit trees, blueberries and cobnut bush. On the website it says that if the item is available for order on the site it means it is in stock and will be despatched within 3 to 5 days, which means that it should be delivered in time to be planted up next Tuesday. However, the actual order acknowledgement states that delivery will be between October and December, which is not so good. I've tried phoning but their answer machine is full and I can't leave a message so I have emailed for clarification. In the meantime I have order the tree stakes, irrigation things, and ericaceous compost and will sit back and see what happens.

I'm still waiting for the car to be sorted but some progress has been made. The Renault garage are saying that they cannot collect the vehicle or send a mechanic to check it on the drive because of Covid 19, so I contacted T and D, friends of Ced, who always maintained my car before I bought this one. They are coming as soon as they've finished the job they're doing, hopefully later this morning but definitely today, and will either work on it here or tow it back to their garage ... it all depends on what's gone wrong. It's in hand anyway.

One thing that's going well is the sewing of name tags. I usually do it all in one go but there is so much this time, I'm doing it in short sessions instead - the new senior school uniform is black, so it's a bit tiring on the eyes!

I enjoyed long catch ups with friends last night. Julie phoned and we've caught up with all the news. She has some boxes for me to pack stuff ready for the charity shop so once I get them I can get it all packed up and, when the car is sorted, can arrange to drop it off. I also had a long chat with J, and separately with L. The good news is that all is well in friend and family land!

Today I want to order the things I need to complete odd jobs around the house. The toilet seat broke just before lockdown so that's well overdue for being replaced, and I want to fit a shelf on the larger of the radiators in the living room. I need some more picture hangers for canvas prints, and have dropped and broken my new oil mister so need to replace that ... again! I should have bought a spare like someone suggested.

Now the pictures are up in the living room it's spurred me on to sort the hall and landing, so some time this week I'll review the current pictures and see if I have enough and also whether I want to keep them. I'd like to have some of my own photos up so, if I decide to take that route, I need to order frames and mounts and order the prints - I can only print to A4 but some will need to be larger so will have to look round for a reasonable price.

As for the rest of today, I have nothing arranged. I'm hoping to speak to my sister, but apart from that I can just potter through the day and do whatever takes my fancy.  I hope you all have a good day.

Comments

  1. You have been busy getting things attended to! I hope your plants arrive sooner rather than later, but, maybe fruit trees should be planted in the fall, rather than later summer? I know M always says they should be planted during their dormant period.

    Good to know that Ced's friends will take a look at your car and take care of it.

    Hope you have a lovely day, today. A day spent "pottering" sounds lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right but it's annoying that their website promises a 3 to 5 day delivery timescale. Once I know for sure I'll just get the other bed planted up instead.

      I'm waiting to hear how much the car will cost before I order some of the other things but I have worked out what I want to get.

      Hope you have a lovely day too Bless xx

      Delete
  2. Your To Do list must be getting shorter & probably looks very encouraging with all those ticked done. Hopefully you will be able to get your orchard started soon with a prompt delivery. Yeah to mechanically inclined friends, fingers crossed a single, quiet & reasonably priced fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've just confirmed that it will be an October delivery so I am choosing bulbs and thinking about the additional plants for the pots.

      Yes, my huge to-do list only has three things to tick off now and I can have a rest for a while. I won't know what to do with myself!

      Delete
  3. A to-do list of chores is both a curse and a blessing these days. The big things are not as easy to get done by others as they have been in the past, but the little things are nice for filling up the days. I need to work on switching out photos in frames all around the house. A couple of years ago, I thought I had too many about, so I downsized. I am ready to up-size again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to find it easier, and things actually get done, if I have a list. It's not so easy to ignore what needs to be done if I can see it in writing 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts