Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... shopping for baby boy clothes, probably in Sainsburys. I won't go until early afternoon when I'm hoping it will be quieter.

... printing the new music for choir ('Happy' by Pharrell Williams), ready for practice tonight.

... walking along the canal for some fresh air and exercise before I get started on the chores.

... continuing to sort out the garage. I've tidied the garden end and have ordered some more shelving. If I've measured correctly, the new shelving should be big enough to hold the boxes of Christmas decorations currently stored in the cupboard under the stairs, although I'm still undecided on whether the garage is a suitable place to store the decorations. Does anyone else store their decorations in their garage?

... family tree-ing to sort out the part of the database that corrupted when I added the details of the latest addition to the family - everyone in his generation and his parents' generation now have duplicate entries!

I'm looking forward to resuming my normal routine with the addition of a shopping trip today, lunch with J tomorrow, and a solo trip out later in the week. I hope you all enjoy a lovely week as well.

Comments

  1. How very frustrating about the database. I hope you manage to got it sorted.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many mice about to store anything they would enjoy using as nesting material in my garage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go in the garage at all if there were mice about!

      Delete
  3. I store my Christmas decs in the garage, though I'm always scared a mouse might jump out when I get the tree out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mouse jumping out at me would finish me off!

      Delete
  4. My decorations are upstairs in a cupboard. They do take up a lot of room don’t they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. Maybe the first job is to sort through and get rid of the ones I don't use. I don't have room for the big tree we used to have up so I can probably pass on a lot of the decorations to family.

      Delete
  5. My decorations are out in the garage - in large plastic boxes/crates. Two trees out there as well - both up high on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping for baby clothes is always so much fun. Cheers to getting the garage sorted out. I keep our decorations for any season in the basement. Our garage is not heated or totally insulated, so when temperatures dip to -30(c) I fear my decorations would freeze/break. Happy - the song - should be a fun one to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garage is dry but not heated or insulated, but we don't get the extremes of temperature that you have.

      I'm not quite so in love with the 'Happy' song since I attempted to teach a young girl to play it on her flute. She loved her efforts playing a piece of music that was too hard for het but I dreaded every single lesson!

      Delete
  7. We store our decorations in the attic -or we did until we decided the attic stairs might prove awkward in the future. Now we have them in the little room we also use as a bookkeeping space. They take up so much room, but I can't seem to part with any of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to avoid using the attic because I can't climb the ladder and carry boxes at the same time, so will be relying on someone else to get things down and put them back up.

      I'm determined to be ruthless and get rid of the excess decorations ... but that may be wishful thinking on my part 😂

      Delete
  8. You on Monday sounds quite busy! Have fun shopping for baby boy clothes!

    I store my holiday decorations in the garage, in plastic bins. So far, they have withstood the heat, although I've had some other plastic bins become brittle and crack over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the clothes yesterday (too busy) so bought them today instead.

      I've had a bit of a rethink and may be able to use the storage under the spare bed for the decorations. It's good to hear that garage storage works for you and some others though. Thanks xx

      Delete
  9. Shopping for baby clothes and singing Happy - sounds perfectly wonderful. We used to keep our Christmas decorations in the attic, but didn't like that swing in temperatures which was probably equivalent to a garage. Once the kids left home, we downsized those a lot and just have one closet in the guest bedroom dedicated to Christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the temperature change I'm worried about. I've since worked out that, provided I can reduce the number of decorations, there will be room for everything in the under-bed storage in the spare bedroom.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts