Saturday

So, another no show from Danielle yesterday! I'm so disappointed (and furious, to be honest!) but have decided that enough is enough and it's time for us to part company. I've contacted another gardener who is coming to see me in a couple of weeks so it'll be a while before I have a replacement. 

This means I need to deal with the plants this weekend. The middle of the day is already set aside for a trip to the recycling yard, and L & P are calling in first thing on their way home, so that leaves this afternoon or tomorrow. As long as I can get the plants in the ground I'll be happy - the bulbs can wait for now. I didn't plan on doing this myself but now have no choice, so am hoping that it won't start off the eye pains again. Luckily, the bulk of the planting is the bulbs so there's only a few actual plants to deal with and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the arrangement with the new gardener will be up and running before the fruit trees, etc. arrive next month.

Baby R, the new addition to the family, came home from hospital yesterday so there's no chance of help from family as they will be fighting amongst themselves for cuddles with the him, and friends thought I had it all sorted so have made other arrangements. It's good news that the baby has recovered and is allowed home though.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear that Danielle didn't show up, even after texting you to say she will be there. I guess she was too good to be true! Better luck with the new gardener. I hope, too, that planting all the plants by yourself won't be too much. Could you ask your neighbor for some help with the planting?

    Glad to hear that Baby R is home and doing well. Hope you get a turn at seeing him, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to plant the four smaller plug plants and see how I get on. My neighbour had offered to help but when I said that D was coming, he arranged to do something else.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get to see thenew family member soon.And take care with the planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the start of a cold, so sadly won't be going near him for a while.

      Delete
  3. Take care - how disappointing and infuriating after such a promising start. My fingers are crossed for the new gardener.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sounds like time to find a new gardener. How frustrating. Are the plants a good size or plugs? If they are a good size they would be ok in their pots with watering for several weeks until someone can plant them for you. Good news that Baby R is coming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to get the plug plants in. The rest are much bigger plants in pots so if I struggle, they can wait for a while.

      He's had congenital pneumonia so it's a relief all round that he can come home.

      Delete
  5. P.S if I lived just a little closer I would pop over and put them in for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame :( Here's hoping the new gardener is more reliable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers are crossed! I have a couple of others I can try if needed.

      Delete
  7. How disappointing! I hope your new gardener is a reliable person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts