Staycation Day 2

Well yesterday's trip didn't quite go according to plan but I had a lovely time despite that. The council recently introduced a temporary one way traffic system in Bradford on Avon that allowed them to temporarily widen the pavements to enable social distancing for pedestrians. Although it's made things easier for pedestrians it's a nightmare for cars with long queues to contend with, which I'd completely forgotten about. I met the queue of traffic long before the town so, after not moving for twenty minutes and still nowhere near the town, decided to turn off as soon as I could and head somewhere else. In the end I turned round in a the nursery carpark and headed back towards home. I ended up just driving around, music on, and singing along to all to all my favourite songs, finishing up at Clanger Woods for a short walk but it was much busier than I expected, so I cut my losses and headed for home.

The change of scene, although not what I planned, cheered me up. Choir practice was a good laugh - we're learning 'Double Trouble', the song the Hogwarts choir sings at the start of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. Afterwards I watched the second Mamma Mia film - ABBA songs are guaranteed to lighten anyone's mood so all things considered, it was a good day.

On to today and I've arranged to meet L this morning at the garden centre in Atworth. I'm sure to buy something (probably lots of somethings!) but the only definite is some bulbs for pots. Oh, and an orchid for the living room if they have any. Oh, and some more pots for next year's annuals. The garden centre has a lovely café so, depending on how busy it is, we will have lunch there or will go to one of the local pubs or cafes instead.

I'm expecting it to be quieter as some of the schools start back today so there will hopefully be fewer family groups about. 

Comments

  1. Too bad that yesterday's outing didn't work out as planned, but, you still got to drive around and sing! :) Hope today's plans work out better. Enjoy your visit with L and shopping for plants at the garden center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was poor planning on my part but I enjoyed my alternate drive round. Today has been good - everything worked out and I bought all the bulbs ready to be planted tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely day Eileen 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a shame. Better luck today. The eat out to help out has finished too so cafes might be quieter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really think it through and it was a daft thing to attempt on a Bank holiday! Today has gone according to plan and you're right - they said the restaurant was much quieter today.

      Delete
  4. Well didn't Plan C for yesterday actually work out that it cheered you just to be out & about. P of A is one of my favourite HP movies. Cheers to buying bulbs for next spring's bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a selection of bulbs today but will need to go online for the rest. It's a start, anyway.

      O of the P is my favourite film. Least favourite is the second one.

      Delete
  5. < warbling out of key > Something wicked this way comes . . .
    What a fun song to learn!

    PoA was the first HP book I read and I loved it so much I ordered the first two straight away and had my first Potter Fest! I've been having them regularly ever since.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely! I have all the books on Kindle and all the dvds.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry your other trip didn't come off as planned, but a garden center sounds like a nice outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got out of the house for a drive round and a walk in the woods, so it was a good substitute. After being in home for so long, any change of scene is a special treat!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts