Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • seeing P & L again, this time they called in on their way back home to Plymouth
  • lunch with J
  • making the decision to send some more things to auction 
  • Baby R, my new great nephew, responding well to intravenous antibiotics and being allowed home from hospital
  • chatting with Julie
  • treating myself to some non fiction books - Photography in Wiltshire, Italian language course books with CDs, Wiltshire Teashop Walks, Circadian Rhythms, and Beautiful Churches
  • watching, and thoroughly enjoying, the new series of 'All Creatures Great and Small'
  • hearing that the Zoom choir practices will continue - the majority of the members weren't happy about meeting in person just yet, so virtual sessions will continue, and ...
  • ... we will have a virtual Choir Christmas Party!

I am grateful ...
  • for the Royal Mail - I'd be completely lost without their services now that much of my purchasing is done online
  • for the NHS and the care given to Baby R

Lifestyle Changes
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (a minimum of 4,000 steps every day): I started this mid week and have achieved the 4,000 steps every day so far 😁

Comments

  1. Excellent reasons for being cheerful and grateful. You are doing well on your lifestyle changes, too. Hope the week ahead will be another good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set quite a low target for the exercising, deciding it was better to do a little than to do too much too soon and give up. That's the plan anyway.

      Hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete
  2. Good for you - so many positives there. Excellent news about the online party!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that the more I do this weekly review, the easier it is to look for the positives. I'm slowly but surely turning my approach to life around for the better.

      I'm looking forward to the party!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my is it really time to start thinking about Christmas. I guess so, we really need something to look forward to, don't we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be difficult to plan the celebrations this year because we don't know yet how many people will be allowed to meet together, but there will still be things to look forwards to. It'll be what we make it, with the focus on the children as always.

      Delete
  4. This has been an encouraging week. It's nice to have so much good in our lives even in these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not allowing any negativity to creep in ... or at least, trying to prevent it as much as I can. It makes a big difference!

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Good news you share and I was happy your nephew has already left the hospital.
    Children are adorable and worry us a lot.
    I also imposed myself a daily walk of about 4000 steps in the past week and I succeeded.
    I'm glad your knee is fine.
    I wish you a good new week full of good things.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the daily walking. I hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete
  6. Glad that Baby R has left the hospital! Really good news. Nice job with the weekly reflections. I sometimes feel like a massive failure as I seem to take two steps forward and one back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been very poorly so it's fantastic news that he's recovered enough to be allowed home.

      Not a failure, Sharon - you're making fantastic progress on decluttered your books and magazines. It's hard at the start and always looks/feels worse before any progress can be seen. Stay strong and keep going!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts