Friday

It's gardening day today. M will be here this morning to plant up the four plug plants (can't remember what they are!) and the allium bulbs. I'm still waiting for notification about the fruit trees but as M will be working in my neighbour's garden and has an hour or so to spare, it makes sense for her to come to me too.

Today's task is to complete the tidy up of the laptop and phone. There's not much more to do and if I finish early enough I will make a start on the letters I want to write - all are family tree related and while none of them are urgent, it'll be good to get started on the enquiries.

It's scheduled to rain this afternoon so I won't be going out but I have arranged What'sapp calls with a couple of friends so have something to look forward to and it will break up the day. Even thought I not getting away from the house for walks and a change of scene, I am still achieving my daily steps targets so I'm pleased with that.

Tonight I will definitely be watching The Shows Must Go On's offering which this week is Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds. I love the music and, more importantly, this will bring back special memories of so many evenings spent listening to the album with Ced.

Comments

  1. That's good that M is coming to finish up some more of the plantings. It sounds like a good well rounded day of the must do things, the fun things.

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out perfectly and all that's left to do this year is the planting of the fruit trees. It been a good day x

      Delete
  2. That’s good if rain is forecast....after your gardener has been.....rain is good for plants even after they’ve been watered from the tap.
    And yes, easier for you if she’s nearby and easier for her also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained while M was here so so she got rather wet but the rain had continued on and off this afternoon so everything had been well watered in.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful day, especially this evening, with your wonderful and special memories.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's all gone well so far and I'm looking forward to this evening. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that M was able to get the rest of the plants and bulbs in the ground and your day went well. I hope you have a good evening too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to have reached this stage before the frosts start. It's been a good day and this evening is turning out to be as good as I'd hoped.

      Delete
  5. Gardening Day is always a good day :) I'm so happy for you that this person is working out so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts