Thursday

I ended up changing my plans yesterday but despite that I had a lovely relaxing day, complete with the added pleasures of cheesy loaf, chocolate, and salted caramel ice cream! I didn't quite finish the daily task and decided against going for a drive round but did do the shopping, hence the tasty treats.

I ordered a death certificate as part of my family tree research and that arrived yesterday. I'm glad I ordered it because the name of the wife wasn't the name she was known by in the family but this piece of information has helped me find some other details on my grandfather's brother, so it was money well spent. 

It's supposed to be sunny today so if that turns out to be the case I will take the opportunity to photograph the patio furniture with a view to selling it. Today's task is to finish off the filing and then find out all the stuff in the garage that's due to go to the skip; my neighbour is going to take it to the skip for me so I want to reorganise the bags to make the disposal easier at the other end. It won't take long and I'll feel better once it's done.

I need to post a birthday card so that'll definitely get done and, energy levels permitting, I'll carry on along the road and walk around the marina. The tiredness is a symptom of the depression and will correct itself in time so I'm not fretting about it and if I don't feel up to the marina walk, then that's fine. I find it helps to have an idea of what I could do even if, more often than not when I'm feeling like this, I choose not to.

I'm on a roll with the family tree so that will definitely get my attention today and today's task is to tidy up the laptop and phone, deleting unused bookmarks and documents I've saved 'just in case'. I'm not sure how long this will take and, as I still need to complete the filing from yesterday, it may end up being finished off tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Hoping you get the sun you need and all those plans work out.
    xxc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no sun and it's been raining, but everything else is progressing nicely 😊

      Delete
  2. Your family tree research makes me think I ought to do similar with late Mums side of the family. Dad's side has been done a long way back already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoy the research but I know it's not for everyone. Give it a go and see how you get on.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a nice, sunny day and accomplish whatever you feel like doing. We are supposed to have a chance of rain this weekend and, as you can imagine, I am all excited about that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this morning I've played sodoku and nonograms, but haven't done anything productive! It's been raining so I'll post the card later but probably no walk today. Enjoy your share of the rain if it does happen.

      Delete
  4. Some yummy sounding treats. Selling the patio furniture - have you replacements in mind? Fingers crossed for a sunshine day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patio furniture is very lightweight cast aluminium. I like it but on windy days it doesn't have enough weight to stay in place and during a storm last year one of the chair blew against the French doors. No damage was done but I don't want to risk it happening again. It's been in the garage for a while while I made up my mind what to do.Most of the time it's just me using it so I've decided to get some wooden folding pieces that are easier to put away than the current set.

      Delete
  5. Being able to be flexible with your schedule is good. I'd definitely join you for those treats :) I hope you find a buyer for your patio furniture. I'm sure they'll be just the thing for somebody :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be too late in the year to get much interest in patio furniture but it's worth a try.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts