Friday

Yesterday's New Ways calender task was to 'sign up to join a new course, activity or online community'. I can tick this one off as I downloaded the Action for Happiness app which seems to have an active community, and also signed up with Open Learn for their Beginners Italian  course. Although this isn't a new subject I've discovered this course at just the right time and I think a new style of teaching/learning will help me improve my grasp of the Italian language. It's notionally a four hour course, so not a huge commitment in terms of time and I hope to get some of it completed today. Today's task is 'Give yourself a boost. Try a new way of being physically active.' YouTube is my friend for this and I will be attempting beginner's line dancing!

I need to check the supermarket delivery as today is my last chance to make any amendments but that's the only must-do. I'd like to get out for a walk (assuming I'm still capable of walking after trying the line dancing!) and then it'll be more of the usual - reading, piano, TV, and family tree research. It should be a fun day!

Comments

  1. Thanks for reminding me about the line dancing - I will follow your example, I think!
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it ... I definitely had a good time!

      Delete
  2. Oh, line dancing is fun! My daughter tried to teach me and I have two left feet, but, I enjoyed trying to follow what she was doing! Maybe I'll try to learn some steps, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good fun. I'm not sure how I'd get on in a group because I kept going the wrong way but I had a laugh!

      Delete
  3. Line dancing sounds fun. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good fun. Possibly something to consider when it's safe to attend a group activity again.

      Happy weekend to you and Mr Man too xx

      Delete
  4. Line dancing! I remember that from my youth but imagine it's changed since then. Can you recommend a Youtube channel? That'd add to my attempts to get in some weightbearing cardio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can recommend any at the moment as am still working my way through them - there are a lot. I searched for beginner and senior and some of those are the ones I'm trying for now.

      Delete
    2. https://youtu.be/uZXQuqPnp8g

      I found this video this morning and found her instructions easy to follow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts