Friday

First things first, thanks for the comments on yesterday's post. I couldn't actually say what I did with my time yesterday but didn't manage to fit in half of the things I wanted to do! Never mind, the important things got done ... I'm talking cheese scones here!

One of the parcels arrived late afternoon but there was no sign of the second one at all. I don't want another day waiting in for a delivery so will carry on with my plans. I need to go to the bank, get my specs adjusted at the opticians, and pick up some printer ink. I'll time my trip to town for after the lunch breaks but before the schools finish for the day as it will be quieter then, and before that I want to go for that drive I've been promising myself.

I have all the ingredients to make some thumbprint cookies and blueberry muffins, so today seems as good a day as any to make those. I haven't really bothered with much baking since I lost Ced but I do enjoy it and would like to add it back in my life. I find it to be quite therapeutic and have lots of happy childhood memories associated with all things baking related so it's a positive activity. I can always gift all the extras to family and friends!

Comments

  1. I still love baking too even without Col to enjoy my cakes and often give some away to the rest of the family instead.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I suppose I could try halving the recipes but that doesn't always seem to work.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, those thumbprint cookies are a good idea! I enjoy baking, but, then, end up eating too much of it! But, I could always share with friends and neighbors, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my trouble ... eating too much of it. I'll just have to be selective in what I make and maybe make it a monthly instead of weekly thing.

      Delete
  3. I made cheese scones yesterday & oh my they hit the spot - thanks for that suggestion. And now to thumbprint cookies, good suggestion! I started following on F/B, a lady in Newfoundland that puts up the weekend baking list on Tuesday & then we all bake together. She makes really tasty home comfort foods. I don't bake every time - I'll make note of the link for you on F/B. Enjoy your drive out today & happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the link so thanks for that. I don't have all the ingredients to cook the butter tarts this week so will save the recipe for after my next delivery.

      Delete
  4. I love baking too but I don't do much because I really shouldn't eat things like that very much. Maybe that's why I make such a big thing of things like the Christmas cake and pudding. It is indeed a very positive thing to do with great outcomes.
    cc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not going to help with my weight loss so I will have to be very selective about the recipes I choose and maybe only a monthly thing instead of weekly. I'll just see how it goes!

      Delete
  5. Thumbprint cookies and blueberry muffins sound delicious. I need to check my pantry and grocery list for baking needs. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try homemade bread next! I think I will find it challenging to keep enough baking supplies in stock while I'm relying on deliveries as these are restricted to a certain number of items so other foodstuffs will have to take priority.

      Delete
    2. I love the easy no-yeast breads lol

      Delete
  6. I shall have to google thumbprint cookies - but then maybe it's better I don't know what they are!! Hope the missing parcel has materialised. I got one out of the blue today and a certain detail about it led me to the spontaneous conclusion that it was from you ... but it was just as good - one of those moments where you just think "But I don't deserve this!" Hope you managed to get the drive in. It was a perfect afternoon (here, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love thumbprint cookies and so easy to make ... go on, treat yourself.

      No sorry, no parcel from me. Yes, I went for a drive round and loved being out of the house and just seeing different things. It was much busier than I expected though, considering we're supposed to be in lockdown.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts