Me on Monday

Me on Monday is looking to mix things up a bit, not just today but for the rest of the week at least. I enjoy all of the activities I choose to do to fill my days but at the same time, feel as though I'm in a bit of a rut. This isn't entirely a result of the lockdown, although that has obviously restricted my choices, but is a state I reach from time to time.

I'm not giving up the activities I like but will move a little out of my comfort zone this week and add in a new activity every day, or maybe spend time on an activity I know I enjoy but haven't done for a while. It doesn't have to be anything too radical or time consuming, just something that rings the changes and knocks the sameness of every day into touch.

I haven't come up with ideas for every day (yet!) but today's new thing will either be to have another go at the crocheted blanket I gave up on in the first lockdown because it was too hot to be working with wool, or to attempt some origami.

The forecast is promising a rain free week so I also have no excuses to avoid getting out in the fresh air every day. I have to go to the Post Office today without fail so that guarantees a success today!

Comments

  1. As a youngster, I loved origami and paper sculpture - it was one of my biggest hobbies. Great fun.
    Looking forward to seeing what you make (if you do)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be crochet to start with once I settle on what I want to make. I fancy trying quilling so have sent for a starter kit.

      Delete
  2. Both my Gran & Mom use to tell me all the time, a change is as good as a rest - what we all need probably is a rest from all this pandemic stuff, so maybe a change of how, when & where you do something may be a good shake up of the week. Maybe start with breakfast for dinner (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mum always used to say that as well! I quite often have a full English breakfast for dinner so that wouldn't be a change for me, but I know what you mean. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Oh a week of un-ordinary things sounds like it could be just the ticket to busting the lock-down lows we are experiencing. Good luck with that - can't wait to hear what you decide to do each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well today is crocheting. Other ideas include still life photography, sketching, couch to fitness (a newly discovered exercise programme), geocaching, origami, quilting, patience card games .... but I don't know which of those I will do it whether it will be something else!

      Delete
  4. New activity might relieve the I-can't-go-anywhere tedium. I'm kinda enjoying my rut ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite often feel like this at the start of winter. I'll soon settle back into my comfy rut but I may at least have another hobby to keep me out of mischief 😂

      Delete
  5. My mother's saying was "Change is good". I don't like change, although one of the main tenets of my religion is nothing is permanent and everything is subject to change! However, I do like the idea of trying new activities. Crochet sounds like a good activity to start with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with change but am finding this long term uncertainty more difficult to deal with. I have plenty of other ideas for activities I can fill my days with and which could give me more variety. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts