Saturday

I don't know why, but there seemed to be a lot of people out and about yesterday so I only made it as far as the back garden for my walk in the fresh air. I'm glad I did as I was rewarded with the sight of one solitary beautiful rose bud, most likely the final one for this year.


I had a go at the line dancing. I loved it and had a great time but I'm not, nor will ever be, any good at it! I think it'll be a solo activity at home rather than joining a group when life returns to normal as I kept going the wrong way and I can see that causing a problem when other people are around. Honestly, I know my left from my right but it seemed to be extra difficult to think about that while trying to follow all the other instructions and keep in time with the music. I had a good laugh though and am pleased to find another possibility for exercise that doesn't feel at all like exercise! The knee strengthening exercises must be working - I was worried that the twisting motion on some of the steps would cause me problems but I didn't struggle at all with that aspect of it.

Today's New Ways is 'Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire'. This one will be easy to achieve. The supermarket delivery is due this afternoon and I had already planned to cook up some soups once it's received - lentil & vegetable, and pea & ham. I also have some sketch books which I've been meaning to use for a daily attempt at zentangles, calligraphy practice, or sketching, so this may give me the kick I need to get started.

As for the rest of the day, I'll continue with the Italian course after breakfast and then I want to catch up on some TV programmes and the weekly Churches Conservation Trust lecture which I missed on Thursday.

Comments

  1. That rose bud is beautiful! I am glad you enjoyed the line dancing, even if you were going the wrong way! That's me, usually! LOL. I took some dance classes, at one time, and, eventually, the instructor learned to let me do my own thing at the back of the studio! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another go at the line dancing this morning and did much better. I don't really have enough room here so it's all a bit cramped but it makes me laugh and I enjoy it! I'd have to join you at the back of the room though 🤣

      Delete
  2. Could you send the link to the line dancing, please? It sounds good. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://youtu.be/uZXQuqPnp8g

      This is the video I did this morning. Yesterday I searched for beginner line dancing and also for senior line dancing, and got lots of hits. It is good fun!

      Delete
  3. Honestly don't be put off joining a line dancing group when they start up again. There are lots of people going the wrong way and nobody minds. Line dancers are a friendly bunch. Wish I could still do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just give it a go when Normal Times are here again. It's reassuring to hear that others go the wrong way as well and it's not just me 😂

      Delete
  4. Line-dancing, maybe especially alone lol, sounds like great fun! I'll check out that link. Lentil soup would really hit the spot. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Line dancing is my new favourite thing. It's almost as much fun as my 'dance like nobody's watching' sessions 😊

      Lentil soup is perfect for colder days!

      Delete
  5. Now you've got me thinking that I should try line dancing! I'm no dancer, but it can't be harder than what we get up to on stage! Glad your efforts to go outside were rewarded with that rose. I have a few last blooms to enjoy too. As to the hustle and bustle, I was amazed at the traffic on the roads when I went out on Thursday. Doesn't feel like much of a lockdown to me - and it won't surprise you to hear that my neighbours are still in and out of each other's houses, receiving guests... If the restrictions have to be extended through December it will be idiots like them to blame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a few cosmos flowers as well - lovely splashes of colour but too tatty to photograph.

      You should give the line dancing a try at least. It was a good release of energy, physical and mental. I ended up puffed out and laughing out loud at myself, and the benefits of that lasted all day.

      Reading comments on local Facebook pages this morning has left me with the impression that too many people are being 'creative' with the rules and seem to see avoiding a proper lockdown to be an achievement. It makes me angry to read that they don't think lockdown works when we don't know whether it will or not until everyone follows the rules to the letter.

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    Glad you're having fun.
    I didn't know dance online and I found it very fun. I searched on YouTube. It's good for socializing.
    I loved the rose bud! Beautiful!
    Nice find.
    Hugs and good weekend.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the line dancing. It's definitely good fun.

      I hope you have a lovely weekend too

      Delete
  7. Line dancing sounds like lots of fun. I might have to try some of that to an online video. The last little rosebud make me a bit sad. I hope it was able to fully open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't sadly. The wind finished it off!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts