Tuesday 4

I've seen this link on several blogs so thought I'd have a go. It's organised by Annie at Tuesday 4 who asks four questions every week. This week the questions are all about fun. 

Did you as a child or do you now like amusement parks, going out to places of entertainment? (theaters, themed parks, etc.). I've never really been that fond of amusement parks. My preferred place(s) for entertainment are theatres, or anywhere there is live music.

Which rides/parks did you enjoy the most or what snack foods do you enjoy when you are out and about? When I'm out and about I usually treat myself to an ice cream on warmer days, or a hot chocolate on colder days. I used to buy crisps as well but as I am trying to lose weight I am not eating snacks when I'm out. 

When you were a kid what activities/games/places brought you the most enjoyment? We lived on a big estate as children at a time when it was safe to play out in the street. All the children in the street played together and I have very fond memories of skipping ropes, marble games, French skipping, and best of all the adventures that only needed our imaginations.

Would you share with us a fun time or great trip that you've experienced? When I was nine years old my Dad had major surgery in Torquay and he lived with his sister in the town until his treatment was complete. This was 100 miles from home so we (me and my sister) were sent down to live with them as he was missing home and his family. I have so many memories of a magical summer, going to the beach every day after school, walks with Dad as he regained his strength, new friends, boating, crab fishing, exploring rock pools ... the list goes on. 

Comments

  1. Lovely that you got to spend time in Toquay. I am just imagine the fun times you had. Yes, playing in the street outside all day was so much fun. Children today miss out on a lot of things we took for granted. Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we were the last generation to be able to play safely in the streets like that.

      Delete
  2. I also love theatre and live music! What I wouldn't give to go to the theatre again. Liv e music is great too. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't begin to image a life without the theatre and live music. It's the thing I miss most at the moment so I get my 'fix' watching all the plays and musicals online. It's not the same, but a good second best.

      Delete
  3. I grew up pretty close to the sea so when I was a teen we regularly took a train to the seaside and to the amusement park where there were a few rides. I stopped liking them when I was about 13. I remember taking a trip to Great Yarmouth and went on a ride that I really didn't like. I thought it hurt my neck and about a week later I ended up with Glandular Fever where my throat and neck hurt. I always associate the two.

    I've always loved going to the library or bookshop even when I was a child and I still like that now too. Great Questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the library too. We went every week and it was when we had proper library cards. I was always fascinated by the librarian flicking though the trays of cards when we returned our books, and sometimes she'd let us stamp the date in the books we were borrowing.

      Delete
  4. We didn't have amusement parks when I was young, but I loved the annual fair. Ferris wheel by far :) was my favorite ride. My favorite fair food was cotton candy. Jump rope was something I enjoyed. Group games like "Mother, May I" and "Red light, green light" were favorites, too. As far as fun trips go, any of our camping trips. They were always close to home and usually at the same place. So many fond memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memories. I forgot about the group games until you reminded me - Queenie, Queenie, Who's got the ball?, What's the time Mister Wolf?, The farmer's in his den, and I sent a letter to my love. Thanks x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts