Tuesday

We're promised that today will be sunny with no sign of rain so if I complete the family tree presentation in time, I will go out for a walk or a drive. I just have to finish typing up my crib notes for each slide and then do a final check to make sure I haven't forgotten anything important. In my mind this won't take too long, but I have a feeling that it will take much longer than I am anticipating ... it usually does! Tomorrow, I am practicing the technical part of using Zoom with friend J, who has been using Zoom as part of her work so will be able to give me some tips. I've never hosted a meeting like this so I just want to go through sharing my screen, the actions to extend the meeting, muting everyone, and all that sort of stuff. If I've done it once I will be okay on Friday ... hopefully!

I can't put it off any longer as I'm running out of clean clothes so I need to do a couple of loads of washing today, and maybe a quick hoover round in the downstairs rooms. Nothing that's too demanding in terms of time, just a case of summoning up the will to do it! 

I've been spending a lot of time - too much time - in front of a screen lately so tonight I will switch off the laptop, Kindle, TV, and phone, and settle down to read a proper book.

Comments

  1. Fingers crossed and enjoy your book. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get it finished but it's all done now (Wednesday), so no worries.

      It was good to have an evening completely free of media ... very relaxing!

      Delete
  2. We have had two evenings in a row with lengthy power outages, which has us thinking that maybe an early evening turn off all the devices is a good thing, we both certainly found getting to sleep easier & quicker. I hope you have a good day, remember pj's are the new skirt & blouse (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, the washing is done and put away (it didn't need ironing!).

      I enjoyed my evening free from screens and media but sleep was still elusive.

      Delete
  3. I hope you had sunshine and were able to go on that walk or drive. Hope the Zoom call training went well and you were able to get all your planned housework done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No drive I'm afraid as the day was taken up with phone calls. The Zoom training is this afternoon (Wednesday) when I link up with J for a chat. Yes, all the planned housework was done so I have clean clothes to wear and downstairs looks more presentable!

      Delete
  4. Laundry and a book sounds like my day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts