Wednesday

I need to stay indoors today but we're promised rain so I probably wouldn't have ventured outside anyway. I'm expecting delivery of two parcels and have arranged a Zoom meeting with friend J ... we both feel the need to actually 'see' another person, even if it is virtually.

The parcels are bringing photography backdrops, so if they arrive early enough I will have a go at some still life photos - I want to use natural light so if not it'll be something to do tomorrow. 

I'll carry on with the family tree and see if I can make sense of whether the remaining names I've found fit into my family or not. The New Ways calendar prompt for today is "Be curious. Learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea" so my genealogy research fits the bill, and as I add the details to the presentation for the family, I am reading up on British history to provide some context to each generation I've found. 

It's Remembrance Day so I will stop just before 11am for the two minutes silence. I think everyone in the Close plans to stand on their doorsteps to observe this so I will do the same.  

And finally, leaving the best to last ... Happy Birthday to Bless. Sending happiness and positivity your way with wishes for a very lovely birthday.

Comments

  1. The backdrops sound very interesting - I'd love to see some photos, please - of the backdrops, I mean, as well as the still lifes (lives?) you take as a result.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how the photography goes. I'm interested in doing still life but have no clue where to start. I do mainly wildlife and landscape photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new thing for me too but I will let you know how I get on. In an ideal world I'd trawl through all the charity shops looking for suitable/interesting props, but that's not possible so I will have to make use of what I can find around the home.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes I'd like to see those photo backdrops. I have used old light coloured sheets when doing photo shots of the cats, well in the past, these two think the sheets are good hiding spots. At 10:55am our township is streaming on F/B the ceremony at the cenotaph, I'll be tuned in for this. It's a rainy dreary typical November 11th this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are vinyl, one is black and reflective on one side, and the other is printed with a design both sides. Both were very cheap on eBay and bought to see how I get on without investing too much money at this stage.

      Delete
  4. I'd be interested in hearing more about your photography. My hubby is interested in taking up photography as a new hobby in retirement. Backdrops for still lifes would be fun. The communal Remembrance Day observance sounds like a thoughtful act. My daddy was a WW2 vet, and I appreciate people remembering this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I've had a bit of a practice with the photography backdrops I write a post about it.

      My Dad was captured on Crete in the early years of WW2 and spent the rest of the war in a prison camp in Germany. It is important to remember.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Eileen. Much appreciated!

    A rainy day is a good day for staying indoors and I hope you receive the deliveries you are waiting for and they arrive safely. Looking forward to seeing your still life photos.

    Have fun with the family tree research, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bless. I hope you've had a good day.

      The parcels aren't here yet so I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'm thoroughly enjoying the family tree research, thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts