Saturday

It's not looking too promising at the moment but the forecast assures me that we will have a sunny day ... cold but sunny and definitely not the rain we were originally promised, so after breakfast I will jump in the car and go out for an hour or two.

I don't really have any plans for today. When I get back there's one load of washing which I may as well do to get it out of the way, but that's about it, so a day for enjoying myself and taking it easy. 

Yesterday's Advent task was to do with writing Christmas cards but I did mine some days ago so had a day off. It was to do with focusing on the recipient and writing a message that was meaningful to that person. Today's task is similar and is to do with wrapping presents which is another task that doesn't apply because the children I buy gifts for are all having money this year via bank transfer (their parents' decision). Instead I will make sure part of my walk is a mindfulness walk.

The Shows Must Go On is screening 42nd Street this weekend so that my Saturday evening viewing sorted out.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comments

  1. We had a very pink sky this morning but, so far, it's looking really pleasant. Fingers crossed. Have a lovely drive.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Rain, diversions (there must be flooded roads) and idiot drivers. I didn't stay out for long but was really glad of the change of scene.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a sunny day and will be able to go for your drive. Enjoy your relaxed Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it rained this morning but it brightened a little this afternoon. See my response to Joy (above) about the drive!

      I've been snuggled up in the warm watching repeats of TV shows since I got home.

      Delete
  3. We're supposed to get sunshine and a high of 58F.

    Wow! I see from your comments above that the drive wasn't the picture of peaceful. I'm glad you got to get out but got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like tomorrow will be our sunny day now but I think I will stay at home after today's experience!

      Delete
  4. Sorry the drive didn't turn out the way you had hoped. I hope you at least enjoy the sunshine tomorrow. It cheers me up to see it even if I do stay inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the sunshine hasn't materialised yet. It's cold and gloomy outside but warm and cosy indoors so I'm happy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts