Tuesday 4 - Tea Party

It's time for Tuesday 4 and this week we are invited to chat about tea parties.

1. Do you invite people over for coffee or tea? In normal times, yes I do. I never drink tea myself but always keep a supply in for visitors. 

2.  Entertaining is a good way to serve others. The bible encourages it in talking about how to be a good person:

Isaiah 58: "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?  Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" 

Do you entertain often? I used to have people round regularly but even before the restrictions of lockdown and Covid, entertaining at home was starting to tail off and had changed so that I was meeting friends for meals or for coffee in town. I miss having people round so will start doing it again once it is safe to do so.

3. What kind of refreshments do you offer to guests? It depends. If I'd invited people round during the daytime I'd bake biscuits, scones, cakes, etc., but I don't usually have treats like that at home (as it's too tempting), so anyone who called in unexpectedly just had to take pot luck! I used to host film nights once a month where friends came round and we'd eat together before watching the film but, as I have food allergies and so does one of my friends, it was always easier on those evenings to order takeaway food, everyone choosing their own meal.

4. Do you enjoy tea and/or coffee? How do you take it? Of the two I only drink black coffee, not too strong and no sugar, but I never touch tea - can't stand the stuff. I often just drink boiled water and in the colder months, sometimes have hot chocolate.

Many thanks to Annie for organising this linky party.

Comments

  1. Very interesting, thanks. I don't drink much tea but I've just discovered the Yorkshire Tea biscuit brew to which I am becoming a bit addicted, I think. My milk consumption has gone up considerably!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of a biscuit brew so just googled it. Is it the malty taste you like? I'm not sure how good that would be without milk, which I can't have. Tempting though!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this! I look forward to entertaining once it is safe to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entertaining was more important to me than I realised ... something to look forward to.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes having people in your home for no reason other than company ... ah those were the days. I am a tea drinker but for some reason during COVID, I've enjoyed a milky coffee in the morning - indeed strange times. (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how long it will take us to feel comfortable about being in someone else's home or inviting people back into our own homes once it is safe for us to do so.

      Delete
  4. Won't it be wonderful when restrictions are lifted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT will be so nice to get back to a normal routine with entertaining friends again. I don't drink coffee, but do drink hot tea and iced tea. I make coffee for my hubby every morning, but just tea for me. It's fun to see and hear what others like to do. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the simplicity of chatting with friends over a cup of coffee.

      Delete
  6. I think everyone will be so glad when we can freely open our homes to others again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's still in the distant future, but definitely something to look forward to.

      Delete
  7. Maybe one day I will have a coffee day. LOL! I have never been the hostess type but as I get older I feel like I have missed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the more informal meets, where a friend just calls in to chat. I'm not that fond of more formal occasions.

      Delete
  8. I don't invite people in or host guests, but I enjoy meeting folks for tea (or coffee or lunch or whatever) out places. I look forward to having those opportunities again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the way forward, once it's safe, may be to meet people away from home. I will take a lot of convincing that I want to open my home to people again, especially after hearing today how long the UK vaccination programme will take, and always assuming it will be effective. My home needs to continue to be my staff place.

      Delete
  9. Being forced not to be around people has made us appreciate their company even more I think.
    Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's made me realise how important certain people are in my life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts